Notices

RA Build

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RA Build

I have a 2010 GSR and have plans on selling it. What i was thinking about doing is buying a used RA and building it. Pulling the motor/tranny and getting them built, then installing a T4 frame turbo. If I relocate the battery, should all evo MR parts fit on the car? What i mean by parts is TBE, Intake, IC, IC piping, etc. Do evos and RA's have the same throttle body and Intake Manifold?

I dont care about the body/brakes/suspension/rims because i will be building those anyways thats why i kinda wanna start with a RA and save some money. Does the RA have different different A-arms than evos?

Does the RA have the same diffs, AYC, ACD, etc as the MR?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:19 PM

Um why?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by rrkpitt15
I have a 2010 GSR and have plans on selling it. What i was thinking about doing is buying a used RA and building it. Pulling the motor/tranny and getting them built, then installing a T4 frame turbo. If I relocate the battery, should all evo MR parts fit on the car? What i mean by parts is TBE, Intake, IC, IC piping, etc. Do evos and RA's have the same throttle body and Intake Manifold?

I dont care about the body/brakes/suspension/rims because i will be building those anyways thats why i kinda wanna start with a RA and save some money. Does the RA have different different A-arms than evos?

Does the RA have the same diffs, AYC, ACD, etc as the MR?
Keeping your GSR will achieve your goal to save some money.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Illariskustvo
Keeping your GSR will achieve your goal to save some money.
I want the SST and dont see buying an MR if i am going to be replacing all the "better" parts it has on it than the RA (ie. turbo, suspension, body parts, rims, all bolt-ons). I already had a Red maxed out using E85 on my GSR. It's either the Ralliart or a different platform.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rrkpitt15
I have a 2010 GSR and have plans on selling it. What i was thinking about doing is buying a used RA and building it. Pulling the motor/tranny and getting them built, then installing a T4 frame turbo.

If I relocate the battery, should all evo MR parts fit on the car? Mostly

What i mean by parts is TBE Downpipe, Yes; Catalyst-replacement pipe, Yes; Cat-back, No, Intake Probably, with an adapter, IC Yes, IC piping Upper, Yes; Lower, Probably, etc...

...Do evos and RA's have the same throttle body and Intake Manifold? Yes

I dont care about the body/brakes/suspension/rims because i will be building those anyways thats why i kinda wanna start with a RA and save some money. Does the RA have different different A-arms than evos? Yes

Does the RA have the same diffs No, AYC No, ACD Similar, but not sure if exactly the same, etc as the MR?

For the instances I say probably, it's not a matter of not knowing, but a fact that some are designed differently than others. So, depending on manufacturer, most will work, but some may not.