Notices

(Request) 3-port Grimmspeed Ralliart tune.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2013, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(Request) 3-port Grimmspeed Ralliart tune.

Hello Ralliart owners/lovers.

Has anyone installed the Grimmspeed 3-port BCS on the Ralliart. I searched but could only find info about the Evo guys doing it. I am planing on installing a bigger turbo later down the road and i got a GS 3-port from a buddy for dirt cheap ($75+ helped him with some house things) and based on all the evo guys I think I got it tuned so it will work for now SAFELY.
No CELs or anything crazy seems to be going on. Im not over boosting I think, only hit 22.3psi but i was hitting that before i installed it. (using ARK MFD-1 for boost gauge)

I followed this thread to tune things then slowly raised the Reactive WGDC maps.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ning-help.html

Any input would be great but till im sure its all peachy ill be driving a little easy. WOT has less turbo sound ( it was screaming at WOT before i installed the 3-port)

Thx for taking the time to read this and for any info/input.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Egal44ARock
Hello Ralliart owners/lovers.

Has anyone installed the Grimmspeed 3-port BCS on the Ralliart. I searched but could only find info about the Evo guys doing it. I am planing on installing a bigger turbo later down the road and i got a GS 3-port from a buddy for dirt cheap ($75+ helped him with some house things) and based on all the evo guys I think I got it tuned so it will work for now SAFELY.
No CELs or anything crazy seems to be going on. Im not over boosting I think, only hit 22.3psi but i was hitting that before i installed it. (using ARK MFD-1 for boost gauge)

I followed this thread to tune things then slowly raised the Reactive WGDC maps.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ning-help.html

Any input would be great but till im sure its all peachy ill be driving a little easy. WOT has less turbo sound ( it was screaming at WOT before i installed the 3-port)

Thx for taking the time to read this and for any info/input.
Don't you have the remove the boost pill?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:36 PM

I have the 3 port installed but I'm running an evo x turbo. I can't see why it wouldn't help a stock ra if tuned properly. Yes the removal of boost pills are necessary to let the controler do just that, control boost but in an efficient manner compared to the 2 port and boost pill method used by the stock setup.

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Aug 16, 2013, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by cncledout
I have the 3 port installed but I'm running an evo x turbo. I can't see why it wouldn't help a stock ra if tuned properly. Yes the removal of boost pills are necessary to let the controler do just that, control boost but in an efficient manner compared to the 2 port and boost pill method used by the stock setup.

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Well I'll be installing mine hopefully by the end of the month along with a dyno tune on stock turbo.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 12:26 PM

Yes you can use it with stock turbo. I had my 3 port put in and then got a tune over a year ago now. No problems yet.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Adding just a Grimmspeed 3-port plus CBRD FMIC (upgrade from previously-installed EvoX OEM), CBRD's velocity-stack MAF housing, and tune tweak to work with those parts (of course) shaved over .2 from my 1/4 and made my power curve much smoother and more precise.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

I have a the Grimmspeed 3-port on the stock turbo with full bolt on's and a tune and I haven't had any problems at all. When I got it tuned at AWDMotorsports they said the 3-port was the way to go if you wanted precise control of your boost level compared to other alternatives.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 09:47 AM

So everyone that has got it has had someone tune it for them. Has anyone tuned it on their own?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:27 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I probably have some roms I can send-

email me

chad@cbrdspeedfactory.com
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:29 AM

Self tuned 3 port. Started with the GST maps, dropped by 30% then worked up. Start with all negative error correct zero'd out then slowly up the WGDC. My WGDC starts high to 2750, then flattens down to approx. 63 - 66 then ups to 80'ish at redline.

Once you turn negative error correct on the curve initially goes to **** but using the boost target maps gets it back into line. Definitely a good learning curve to get a good boost curve. I now have 4th gear pull from 2250RPM hitting 23.4 at 3250 then maintaining till 5000RPM before dropping to 21 at 7000

WGDC is very very reactive with the 3 port