Notices

what are normal shift points in auto normal mode

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2013, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what are normal shift points in auto normal mode

Hey guys. I feel like Mr car isn't upshifting early enough in auto normal mode. Is there a certain mph when the car should be in each gear? For example I can be accelerating and at 40 mph but still be in 4th gear. I feel like I used to be in 6th at that point. Does this seem okay? Thanks and sorry if flight this doesn't make sense.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Most TCU's are calibrated based on pedal %..... so just because u are at a certain speed that doesn't mean it should up-shift if the pedal % has not been met. Are you able to hold your pedal constant during your tests? can you log it and share the data?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 04:39 AM

That makes sense. When out shifts it feels okay. No codes or lights. I can be log it with a accessport. Let me know if that's what you mean. Thanks a lot.

Originally Posted by detroit pistins
Most TCU's are calibrated based on pedal %..... so just because u are at a certain speed that doesn't mean it should up-shift if the pedal % has not been met. Are you able to hold your pedal constant during your tests? can you log it and share the data?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

ya if you are only trying to understand when the trans is shifting and how consistance it is, then a log of the engine speed, tps and wheel/vehicle speed will tell us. Also if you are performing this test then be sure the road conditions are held constant.... use flat road with no grades......etc
Old Oct 17, 2013, 08:19 AM

Got it. How far should I depress the pedal? Does staying in low gears until the throttle is really pressed hard sound like a transmission problem? I am really concerned because I know some people have had issues. From my reading on here, it sounds like transmission failure has different signs. Thanks, again.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Well what is it that you think is an issue? not upshifting sooner? That is probably because you are aggressive on the pedal input.
Try this…. Do a 50% pedal launch until you reach 4th gear on a flat road, and compare it with another vehicle (same model year). They should both be shifting similarly if the weight and road conditions are the same. If you collect the data then you will notice the engine peaks should overlay on each other.
And np!
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:51 AM

Many times when I am relatively light on the pedal it'll shift up to 4th gear (going about 40 mph) and stays there. I feel like it would have gone all the way to 6th in the past. Does this sound like an SST issue?