Notices

How is your sst holding up

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WickedWhiteRA
38xxx miles on my DD. Round trip is about 100 miles and a lot of stop and go traffic on my way home. I have ZERO mods unless you consider a K & N drop in a mod. Everything else is completely stock. No issues yet and I have not changed the fluid or filter. I don't race (drag,roll etc..)but I do run it hard occasionally. I'm probably easier on my car than most here and I almost always keep it in auto/normal mode. The only thing I have noticed is that it does slip a bit while engaging first gear from a dead stop when it's cold. Once warmed up though it's fine. I plan on doing a fluid/filter change soon but so far so good.
Same here. I usually don't get on it unless I'm getting on the highway or I'm feeling a little bit aggressive. And usually its' on Friday nights after work and weekends I do most if any hard runs. I think the shifting is one of my favorite parts about my RA, especially when u do give it some gas.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trans

I have a 2014 ralliart with 8k and a K&N drop in filter. This issue i am having is my trans makes a noise like 2 metal baseball bats hitting each other when im in normal mode. It also seems to down shift a lot harder then it should. Any idea what it can be?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 04:03 PM

Graphite 2010 RA Stock (18K) TC-SST Issue (Update Post #41)

Just got her back today after new transmission install, no issues driving to work today. However I haven't had a chance to push the car hard enough to fully test it.

I'll update if any issues old/new arise. Btw... No Mods on her yet, waiting until the warranty expires (April/2015).
Old Dec 5, 2014, 01:40 AM

2010 ralliart bought used at 10k miles. currently at 100k+ miles. did normal oem interval flushes on SST up to 90k. I MISSED the 90k one still haven't flushed transmission because i was saving to fix cracked manifold... now i have p0017 code ontop of it all.

back on topic. transmission is still fine shifts like day 1. my driving style is well grandpa though because it is an SST and even more conscious since i haven't been able to flush at 90k. i put a lot of miles on this car/SST. commuted to school 60miles one way for 1.5 years. my past jobs during ownership of the car have been 30-60 miles commute one way. and i was commuting to vegas from OC. 260 miles one way twice a week for 4 months.

mods are RRE tune, RRE stock exhaust mod, RRE boost pill, evo x IC, UICP, and bov.

i'm pleased with the SST sad at my other mechanical woes. hope to RAD lite it soon with an RRE trans cooler and see how the tranny holds on from there