Notices

Service Engine Light won't disappear after clearing codes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 06:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service Engine Light won't disappear after clearing codes

Hello,

So my car was completely stock. I flashed the GST 93 tune on it with stock pill, and received multiple codes. The codes went away after a few drives (stupid me never scanned it), however the SES light would be on when I turned the ignition to ON (but disappears after I turn the engine on).

I immediately converted back to the stock tune, and again received check engine codes that went away after a few drives (except the light being on when ignition in ON position). I then checked the car with EVO scan and found the following codes:

CAN MUTIII SST
P0725 Engine Speed Input Ciruit Malfunction
U0141 ETACS CAN timeout

CAN MUTIII AYC
U0141 ETACS CAN timeout
C1290
U3FFF

I cleared the codes and have driven the car for a few days. The codes never came back, however the SES light remains on when I put the ignition in the ON position (light turns off when I crank the car). I checked the car with EVOScan and my Torque app and it doesn't see any codes. The car drives fine, just like it did stock.

Any suggestions on turning the light off? Are there maybe hidden codes that EVOScan and my torque app don't see? I'd rather not take the car to a Mitsu dealer. Should I go to an Autozone and have them use their OBD2 scanner?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
D'oh!

The system (on all modern cars) is designed that ALL your dash lights come on (tests the lights) and then go out when you start.

Re-flash again to GST and clear the codes.
The GST is a proven tune that does not generate codes (and send a $ donation to razorlab and Rich if you have not done so yet )
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:03 AM

^ What he said. SES light (and all others) are lit when ignition switched to ON and resumes normal function (i.e. unlit) after the engine is running.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 03:32 PM

Oh, wow, I feel silly. I didn't notice that when the car was stock I guess. The car also beeps(chimes) 5-6 times too on startup. Is that normal as well?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 05:35 PM

Yeah man, my car does that too. It actually feels strange whenever it doesn't. I think when you click the seatbelt before you start, that's when it doesn't chime at you.

Go enjoy your tune