Notices

Non-starting

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Update:
Well they had the car since Monday and I picked it up Friday Morning. They couldn't get the car to repeat the issue and said they checked everything they could possibly check and nothing, everything was working, no leaks, fuel pump was working, crank sensor was good etc...I even mentioned to service manager about hearing Mitsubishi had some relay issues in past, but not sure he passed it on. He said the tech was on phone with Mitsubishi seeing if they had ideas or whatever.
So, we'll see I guess if it does it again, sad thing is it's going to be winter soon here don't want to have this issue.

*On one positive note, had a 2015 Outlander Sport(FWD) as loaner car, smooth ride on highway, steering was good, but no power(unless in manual mode), and interior was bleh, no backup camera on this one, no smart key, simple radio(not bad though).
*Had a 2015 Lancer GT in showroom, grey, looked pretty good.

Last edited by russ72; Oct 18, 2014 at 12:58 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by russ72
Update: Well they had the car since Monday and I picked it up Friday Morning. They couldn't get the car to repeat the issue and said they checked everything they could possibly check and nothing, everything was working, no leaks, fuel pump was working, crank sensor was good etc...I even mentioned to service manager about hearing Mitsubishi had some relay issues in past, but not sure he passed it on. He said the tech was on phone with Mitsubishi seeing if they had ideas or whatever. So, we'll see I guess if it does it again, sad thing is it's going to be winter soon here don't want to have this issue. *On one positive note, had a 2015 Outlander Sport(FWD) as loaner car, smooth ride on highway, steering was good, but no power(unless in manual mode), and interior was bleh, no backup camera on this one, no smart key, simple radio(not bad though). *Had a 2015 Lancer GT in showroom, grey, looked pretty good.
They told me the same thing. I had them park it on an incline for a few hours then try to start it and check the fuel pump. That did it.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rallibiz
They told me the same thing. I had them park it on an incline for a few hours then try to start it and check the fuel pump. That did it.
All the times mine didn't start I was on level ground. It did it again Saturday(day after I got it back), but it only took 1 long crank to get it to start.
Everyone's talked about the relays being issues and the updated versions? I have 3 green ones and 1 grey one not sure if those are the most updated versions?
Old Oct 19, 2014, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Everyone's talked about the relays being issues and the updated versions? I have 3 green ones and 1 grey one not sure if those are the most updated versions?
Those are definitely NOT the updated versions that you have. Get the ones from SSP and be done with it like I've said twice before in this thread.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Well; installed the new Relays today, replaced the 3 green relays and the big grey relay with the newer ones. I did the salt 'n pepper test on the old ones, but they seemed okay, but changed anyways.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well; installed the new Relays today, replaced the 3 green relays and the big grey relay with the newer ones. I did the salt 'n pepper test on the old ones, but they seemed okay, but changed anyways.
Let us know if it fixes the problem.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 11:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Slee256
Let us know if it fixes the problem.
Hopefully, this is/was the issue. It's getting to be winter and don't want to be stranded anywhere. If it keeps doing it, then I'll have to weigh the options on how to proceed, I'm just getting too old to go through crap like this.

Last edited by russ72; Oct 25, 2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

Hopefully, this is/was the issue. It's getting to be winter and don't want to be stranded anywhere. If it keeps doing it, then I'll have to weigh the options on how to proceed, I'm just getting too old to go through crap like this.
had this happen all last winter, installed the relays this summer, hopefully this is no longer an issue for me as well.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 04:50 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Slee256
I wouldn't count on it. Even if the 14's have slightly improved relays, the Omron relays from SSP are top notch quality and I think they are made here in the U.S.A.
Quote from SSP...

"To make a long story short, Mitsubishi was NOT happy with the extremely high failure rating on the "Original Green Relays, "old Black relays", or the "Newer Blue relays", so they had OMRON (Relay Manufacture) come out with a better relay, with a much lower failure rating, and here we are today."

That's why I was wondering if the 14's already came with the updated relays. But anyway... Rock on
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

I upgraded my 09 Ralliart with the newer SSP relays at 108,000 miles and had one "non-start" issue since then. I pulled my spark plugs and they were gunked up. (brand new spark plugs too). It happened because I started my engine, moved the car a short distance, and turned it off.