Notices

Lancer Ralliart ECU upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2014, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer Ralliart ECU upgrade

Hi Guys

I have a MY14 lancer ralliart. It's done 14 000 Kms. I am fairly new to tuning and mechanical upgrades. I contacted Pulse racing in Sydney, Australia for upgrade packages. They are a reputable car workshop so that seems ok to me. After my discussion with them i am really interested in their ECUTek Upgrade where they focus on driveability and mid-range torque increase and i should expect power gains of 20-25 kws and 20% torque increase (Dyno tested).

I want to ask you all, would these gains be noticeable? and would they be good for me as i am not a racer however i would like the power and would have comfort its there. Would this upgrade be safe for my car? and would it affect longevity?

Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2014, 03:35 AM

Hi,

Yes you will get the power but EcuTek locks your ROM and is also damned expensive.

Coming from Sydney there is a better option imo. Two reputable tuners, both with proven track records tuning RA's & Evo's do road tuning, Merlin & Beeble. Not sure off the top of my head how to contact Merlin but Adam has a website (Beebletuning - google it). Better power, far superior driveability, smarter and firmer gear shifts and more fuel efficient - oh, will be much cheaper than EcuTek with better gains.

Whilst my car, with a hi flow cat & 3-port, is self tuned off the GST free tunes (not available as far as I am aware for the MY14 ) I am currently pushing 165kw (up from 130kw stock) and OMG you notice the difference - a tune by Adam or Merlin will be the best money you will ever spend in terms of sheer enjoyment and that smile factor

If you want some more local comment try clubcj which is a local Australian Lancer club that has a large number of RA drivers

Best of luck

Last edited by bunnishiwa; Nov 7, 2014 at 03:43 AM.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Ecutek is expensive. Money is better spent on mods. If you're in Sydney go to Merlin. You'll find him on clubcj
Old Nov 8, 2014, 08:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tencents
Ecutek is expensive. Money is better spent on mods. If you're in Sydney go to Merlin. You'll find him on clubcj
Or Beeble. The Beebs comes very highly recommended. Don't waste your time with EcuTek. There is a reason that it is very seldom used.