Notices

Bov

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2015, 01:52 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by Strangways
Even if it is creating an actual rich condition, could it be fooling the o2 sensor into reporting a lean condition instead? Or am I just trying to blame a mod that I myself wouldn't have chosen?
A car running rich can't present as being lean. That's the opposite. Plus, you would only be rich between shifts. Running lean during normal operation is different.
I'd look into other sources for your issue.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you, kaj! I appreciate the sanity check, because I'm just getting hung up on this darned BOV
Old Jul 21, 2015, 04:49 PM
kaj

Thank you, kaj! I appreciate the sanity check, because I'm just getting hung up on this darned BOV
i feel ya. sometimes i over think and mix myself up sometimes. then someone will hit me up with a real "duh" moment. LOL. i count on my friends and people here to keep my thought process on track.
maybe i have ADD haha
Old Jul 21, 2015, 09:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well kaj, I owe you thanks, and I owe my BOV an apology. The vacuum line for the fuel pressure regulator valve had popped off, and somehow I missed that simple little detail that made all the difference. Sorry for the threadjack, folks!
Old Jul 21, 2015, 09:06 PM
kaj

Well kaj, I owe you thanks, and I owe my BOV an apology. The vacuum line for the fuel pressure regulator valve had popped off, and somehow I missed that simple little detail that made all the difference. Sorry for the threadjack, folks!
that would explain it. glad you found your solution!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VTA BOV can create idling / stalling issues on gear changes. However, if you stay within that 50/50 you should be fine... all my buddies run VTA.. however I'm the exception.

With our car, when there is a cut in throttle, the pressurized air needs somewhere to go. When recirculated, this air is reused and sent back to the air intake. The ECU is expecting this recirculated air. When you vent this pressurized air to the atmosphere, you're throwing it away when the ECU is expecting it, causing stability issues.

I upgraded to the EVO X BOV from eBay (About $150) and it was quite a noticeable upgrade. While changing gears WOT around 5-6k you feel so much more torque leading into the next gear which is quite enjoyable ;D
Old Jul 28, 2015, 03:13 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Mivec20
VTA BOV can create idling / stalling issues on gear changes. However, if you stay within that 50/50 you should be fine... all my buddies run VTA.. however I'm the exception.

With our car, when there is a cut in throttle, the pressurized air needs somewhere to go. When recirculated, this air is reused and sent back to the air intake. The ECU is expecting this recirculated air. When you vent this pressurized air to the atmosphere, you're throwing it away when the ECU is expecting it, causing stability issues.

I upgraded to the EVO X BOV from eBay (About $150) and it was quite a noticeable upgrade. While changing gears WOT around 5-6k you feel so much more torque leading into the next gear which is quite enjoyable ;D
Precisely. The MAF metered it and fuel has been added accordingly.

How did a DV net you more torque??
Old Jul 28, 2015, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Typical newbie seat of your pants driving gauge... "more torque" sounds pretty LoL as it should be.. but I mean, It just feels more edgy ;p...