Notices

Bov

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bov

Hey!

New here, I just got a used 2012 Ralliart in mint condition and was thinking of doing some small mod's.. it's already got the cold air/ catback exhaust--typical mods-- and i was thinking of swapping the stock BOV with a "Go Fast Bits TMS Respons Blow Off Valve Kit".. i'm not looking to tune the car more just get the classic "pssst" sound.. I read a bit about recirculating the air etc but am curious if anyone out there could give some advice on whether or not to install it.. the benefits or dangers.. kind of a all around answer for a newbie to the rally/tuner scene..

Cheers!!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 03:12 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
as long as it recirculates, you can pretty much do any of them you want. if it's adjustable between recirc/VTA, make sure pretty much of it goes back into the system.

other than that, have at it, brotha.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I only advice recirculating ones but I'm sure you can get away with a 50/50 one
Old Jul 10, 2015, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
^yeah. Set it to the minimum 'vent' that is still giving you a pleasurable PSST sound. As long as it is less than 50/50, as mentioned above.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same here, I'm getting ready to order a new BOV, but I think I'm sticking with an Evo X type BOV. Going to do little mods here and there when money permits. On the topic of Bov's, has anyone switched their connecting hoses to Silicon hoses?
Old Jul 12, 2015, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use the evo x one and has worked fine for me so far
Old Jul 12, 2015, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I have an oem evo x bov, you can hear psssst in the car when you get it to let go...I was surprised how much louder it w as
Old Jul 12, 2015, 08:42 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by russ72
Same here, I'm getting ready to order a new BOV, but I think I'm sticking with an Evo X type BOV. Going to do little mods here and there when money permits. On the topic of Bov's, has anyone switched their connecting hoses to Silicon hoses?
Waste of money, IMO. There's not much pressure nor stress on them.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
Waste of money, IMO. There's not much pressure nor stress on them.
Once you start modifying and increasing boost levels an upgraded BPV is recommended over the stock plastic part. The EvoX stock valve is a perfect upgrade and will work wonderfully on the RalliArt until you go big turbo.

The Evo valve does make a bit more noise than the RA plastic one, and will be even more noticeable with a cone-filter-style intake installed. I used to have an SSQV (recirculated) and am now using a stock EvoX valve because it is more consistent and offers greater driveability and it is really only slightly quieter than the HKS.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I believe he was talking about the silicone hoses, which I agree with... unless there's an aesthetic affect your after just keep the stock lines for bpv.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 10:23 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
Once you start modifying and increasing boost levels an upgraded BPV is recommended over the stock plastic part. The EvoX stock valve is a perfect upgrade and will work wonderfully on the RalliArt until you go big turbo.

The Evo valve does make a bit more noise than the RA plastic one, and will be even more noticeable with a cone-filter-style intake installed. I used to have an SSQV (recirculated) and am now using a stock EvoX valve because it is more consistent and offers greater driveability and it is really only slightly quieter than the HKS.
He asked about silicone hoses for the DV valve. That's what I was answering.
👍
Old Jul 15, 2015, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
He asked about silicone hoses for the DV valve. That's what I was answering.
👍
Yeah, I definitely read that wrong, sorry. I didn't read closely enough which of the posts you were responding to and just assumed it was regarding the original post. Sorry for the confusion.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:15 AM

I recently got a used 09 Ralliart that the previous owner installed an Agency Power BOV on. It's set up for 50/50. I'm getting occasional "system too lean" error codes, and after troubleshooting other causes, I suspect the BOV. Our ECUs are expecting a closed-loop o2 system, after all.

I'm looking into getting the cap I need from AP to convert it to full recirculation (as the owner lost the one that came with it,) and if I can't do that, I'm considering replacing it with an OEM Evo X BPV instead. While I can't say anything decisively, I would suggest that a BOV you can convert between 50/50 and full recirc is probably the safest option.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 01:16 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Strangways
I recently got a used 09 Ralliart that the previous owner installed an Agency Power BOV on. It's set up for 50/50. I'm getting occasional "system too lean" error codes, and after troubleshooting other causes, I suspect the BOV. Our ECUs are expecting a closed-loop o2 system, after all.

I'm looking into getting the cap I need from AP to convert it to full recirculation (as the owner lost the one that came with it,) and if I can't do that, I'm considering replacing it with an OEM Evo X BPV instead. While I can't say anything decisively, I would suggest that a BOV you can convert between 50/50 and full recirc is probably the safest option.
boost venting to atmosphere causes a rich condition. not to say that BOV isn't causing a problem.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by kaj
boost venting to atmosphere causes a rich condition. not to say that BOV isn't causing a problem.
Even if it is creating an actual rich condition, could it be fooling the o2 sensor into reporting a lean condition instead? Or am I just trying to blame a mod that I myself wouldn't have chosen?

Quick Reply: Bov