Notices

New Control Module Needed After ACD Pump Replaced

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2015, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Control Module Needed After ACD Pump Replaced

Brought my car in to get serviced last week. My AWC indicator on the dash was flashing tarmac and couldn't be changed. Mitsubishi pulled code c161f and ordered me a new ACD pump under warranty. They also did ECM upgrade C131100 (apparently this was a recall, I can't find any info on it.)

ACD was replaced today, but now Mitsubishi says my control module is bad and needs to be replaced, but isn't covered under warranty. How could it possibly be bad if they just reflsahed it a week ago? Has anyone else had their control module go?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
What was your milage/years when you brought the car in for the first service, they should consider all this work part of that service, you can argue its all related and should be covered(assuming you were under 60k or 5 years)
Old Aug 6, 2015, 03:21 PM

Car has 46k on it, well within the extended warranty I purchased.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 04:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I don't see how they can argue that you need to replace it, Unless its not a full extended warranty? I guess the details mean everything as far as that goes. Either way I would start arguing with these guys to get it taken care of
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
What is their basis for saying the control module is bad? A friend of mine went to another dealer closer to him and they tried telling him the same thing, and on top of that they tried marking up the part over 50% above cost. In the end he just had them replace the pump and leave the controller alone and lo-and-behold, no problems since. Unless they can give you a VALID reason for replacement, I HIGHLY doubt it's actually necessary. In the 8 years that these cars have been out I cannot recall EVER needing to replace an AWC ECU.

I have replaced a pump and actually had it fail during the initial air bleed procedure and that gave the initial "impression" that the controller may have also been bad. After ACTUAL DIAGNOSIS, however, I found that the new pump they had sent was just defective and I had to replace that one and send it back to Mitsu under a parts warranty claim.

Last edited by 03chi-town0Z; Aug 15, 2015 at 12:12 PM.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 09:23 AM

They're reasoning for needing to replace it was that "it's bad." I was told that until it's replaced, I may still get the flashing "tarmac" on the cluster (which I haven't). They said it wasn't covered under warranty but they were going to "try" to get it covered or some such nonsense and call me back the next day. That was two weeks ago and I haven't heard back from them. At this point I'm done with said dealership. (They also charged me $73 to clip two splash pans back on the undercarriage).