Notices

Questions about a mod list

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2015, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about a mod list

I'm thinking of the following mods but I'm not sure what kind of power I could expect from them on an otherwise stock '14 RA running 91/93. Would this push 300whp or do you need to look at a turbo swap to get numbers like that? Additionally, I understand you shouldn't go past ~325 torque with the stock clutches but is that for the MR or the RA, or are they the same?
  • K&N Drop-In Filter
  • Evo X Stock FMIC + Piping
  • Evo X Stock BOV
  • AMS Boost Pill
  • HFC + CBE (brand undecided)
  • TCU Flash for S-Sport
I've left out a downpipe as I don't think it would be necessary with the stock turbo but I would like a wideband. Is it better to just get an aftermarket downpipe with the bung already in place? Alternatively, how necessary is a wideband for e-tuning? Can it be done just fine with logging from the stock sensor?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
You wont. You're looking at closer to I'd say 240whp and around 280tq with just those. You'd need to turbo swap to hit the 300s
Old Dec 10, 2015, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Raikiri
You wont. You're looking at closer to I'd say 240whp and around 280tq with just those. You'd need to turbo swap to hit the 300s
Thanks. I'm assuming with a turbo swap you'd also need to look at a downpipe, a better intake than just the drop-in and an aftermarket FMIC rather than the Evo X stock?
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:06 PM

I just made 338/302 last night on 93. I'm running tb exhaust, stock intercooler with aftermarket tubing, and ets intake only reason I did not make more is because of the bov actually. It leaks quite a bit so I would suggest getting a new bov it only holds about 23psi before it starts leaking and has to taper down pretty quickly to 19psi. I think if you got an actual intake though and a bov with the mods you have listed .you could for sure make around 300
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ragnar1208
I just made 338/302 last night on 93. I'm running tb exhaust, stock intercooler with aftermarket tubing, and ets intake only reason I did not make more is because of the bov actually. It leaks quite a bit so I would suggest getting a new bov it only holds about 23psi before it starts leaking and has to taper down pretty quickly to 19psi. I think if you got an actual intake though and a bov with the mods you have listed .you could for sure make around 300
Is that on an Evo X? The turbo on the Ralliart is smaller. The turbo swap I was talking about was to get a stock Evo X turbo. Also, our intake is different because the battery is up front where you have a large airbox.

Thanks for the tip on the stock Evo X BOV though, I thought they were good up to 30psi...

Last edited by ReK_; Dec 10, 2015 at 12:49 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:56 PM

Ah **** that's my bad I didn't see you said the ralliart my bad brother. Yea it was on an Evo X
Old Dec 11, 2015, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
^S'all good!

I did go Oo when I saw the numbers too.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ReK_
Thanks. I'm assuming with a turbo swap you'd also need to look at a downpipe, a better intake than just the drop-in and an aftermarket FMIC rather than the Evo X stock?
not necessary to get a better downpipe if you are swapping in an EvoX turbo. I'm in the process of gathering parts to do the EvoX swap but i'm using the EvoX intercooler and piping and getting a compatible intake.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by ReK_
You probably would want to get a better flowing intake. AEM is what I'm looking at for when I do the swap. I just need to find me the RRE adapter to fit the stock intake for now.

I'm using stock X FMIC and LICP and just got me a UICP from MAP. Heard good things about the Ultimate Racing pipes though.

For the downpipe I would love to find me a AMS Widemouth however I'm going to stick to using the X o2 housing and just pair it with the RA short downpipe and it should work til I can find one.