Notices

Request: Best way to clean the cloth panels on doors, seats, etc?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2010, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Request: Best way to clean the cloth panels on doors, seats, etc?

I have tried the lint roller deal, the sticky stuff picked up random debris, etc, but there is still some discoloring from dirt, etc. It seems like anything that touches those panels leaves its mark. Anyone have any secrets? Thanks
Old Jun 30, 2010, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

mild soapy water and a dark colored rag. wring it out and scrub down the panel. that's how i cleaned up my interior after my kid barfed all over it. (car was 11 days old when he did). i should mention he had bananas and you can't just wipe that stuff off! it'll smear worse than ever! you have to let it dry and get hard, chip off the big chunks and wash it.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mikesim
mild soapy water and a dark colored rag. wring it out and scrub down the panel. that's how i cleaned up my interior after my kid barfed all over it. (car was 11 days old when he did). i should mention he had bananas and you can't just wipe that stuff off! it'll smear worse than ever! you have to let it dry and get hard, chip off the big chunks and wash it.
ewww roughhhh
Old Jun 30, 2010, 03:03 PM
tre
Evolving Member

hey mike too much info buddy. you could have ended it with the mild soapy dark cloth. but no you had to let us all know what your kid had to eat. Thanks.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
prestone foaming interior cleaner. works on EVERYTHING! tall red can with a built in plasticy scrubby-brush by the nozzle. since finding this stuff, i have never used anything else. spray on, scrub with attached brush, vacuum away excess, air dry.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
prestone foaming interior cleaner. works on EVERYTHING! tall red can with a built in plasticy scrubby-brush by the nozzle. since finding this stuff, i have never used anything else. spray on, scrub with attached brush, vacuum away excess, air dry.
this stuff even gets oil out! i highly recommend for tough stains like oil, blood, red wine, etc.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 07:59 AM
tre
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mikesim
this stuff even gets oil out! i highly recommend for tough stains like oil, blood, red wine, etc.
Blood stains

found a new use for the sportback mike? whacking people and throwing them in the hatch are we?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
also consider spraying your interior with scotch fabric protector, i use it and seems to help keep stuff from staining, also provides a neutralizing smell to the interior.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know we've all got our own tricks. I've found the best shine plus hair resistance(I have two dogs) was from mcquiars(spelling?) interior wipes. They work fantastic

Sidebar. The dogs don't go in my car, just the presence prior to getting into the car puts white/red hair everywhere.... yeesh.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by h4ckluserr
I know we've all got our own tricks. I've found the best shine plus hair resistance(I have two dogs) was from mcquiars(spelling?) interior wipes. They work fantastic

Sidebar. The dogs don't go in my car, just the presence prior to getting into the car puts white/red hair everywhere.... yeesh.

I second the meguiars wipes. I was surprised when I tried to use them on my interior roof panel. It worked like a charm. It left no fuzz and didn't mangle the fabric. Biggest problem when cleaning the roof fabric. Trust me.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

The Bissel Little Green Machine. The thing cleans dog puke off of anything, and makes everything smell nice. You might not have that showroom sushi smell but it'll be meadow fresh!

-Ralliheart