Notices
09+ Ralliart Show and Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

ddm tuning 35w h11 3000k kit installed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ddm tuning 35w h11 3000k kit installed

got these installed the other day super easy install, only catch is at random they will come with either h11 male connectors or individual metal prongs that u have to plug into the oem harness and seal up with tape (depends on whats in stock i guess)... i'll be looking to get some h11 male connectors to sort this ghetto-ness out

hopefully next weekend i'll have the 55w d2s kit installed

pics taken with a sony point and shoot on night setting with no flash... incase ur wondering

DRL's only

Low beam

low beam + fog

just DRL's

low beam

low beam + fogs

Last edited by robyn402; Nov 4, 2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks sweet! im installing my ddm' 3k fogs tomorrow !! looks good though, what kelvin are your low beams in that picture? can't decide if i want 6k or 8k yet.. :s
Old Nov 4, 2010, 01:08 PM

ddm is the ****. they are very good on pricing and lifetime warrenty their product. i only deal with them since i had an integra
Old Nov 4, 2010, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

their oem low beams,

but after seeing how the their 55w 8000k 9006's are in my buddy jeep... i've already ordered the 55w d2s kit... i took the headlights out to eye ball em while i was doing my fogs should be a pretty simple conversion, i'll post pics and how to info once i get it done
Old Jan 29, 2011, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Did you have to buy the relay harness as well or just the ballast and bulbs?

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/HI...Wiring-Harness

I just tried installing my 55W kit and the bulb wouldn't light up. I tried searching but this is the only thread I could find on using a DDM kit on the fogs for a RA.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:40 AM

for my 8 mines came with oem hids. all i did was order the replacement bulb in different temp. and for my other cars i ordered the kit without the relay. you wouldnt really need a relay unless you factory harness flickers of throws a code.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm, gotta figure out why they wont turn on.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 09:30 AM

check if the plug that goes to ur factory harness is backwards. what i had recieved was a hid kit for my friends is250 and both would not turn on so i swapped the plugs and it worked. ur going to need a needle or something pointy and push out the 2 pins from ur harness of the hids and swap them and test it. if it works then thats your problem. before you do that do you hear a humming noise for the ballast?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mikakatk2
check if the plug that goes to ur factory harness is backwards. what i had recieved was a hid kit for my friends is250 and both would not turn on so i swapped the plugs and it worked. ur going to need a needle or something pointy and push out the 2 pins from ur harness of the hids and swap them and test it. if it works then thats your problem. before you do that do you hear a humming noise for the ballast?
I read that on a few other threads but how do I determine if its backwards? All the plugs seemed to have only one way to be connected. As for humming I didnt hear any, but I didnt get really close to the ballast, just saw it wasnt working and went back to the car to turn it off in case there was an electrical problem.

Here is how I had it plugged in. Is the one that may be reversed the plug thats resting on the bumper?

Old Jan 31, 2011, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

i didn't order any extra harness for the my h11 kit, just make sure your pins are in right ie the colours match
Old Jan 31, 2011, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by robyn402
i didn't order any extra harness for the my h11 kit, just make sure your pins are in right ie the colours match

I guess this is what I don't understand. The harnesses only plug in one way, how would they be reversed?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

did they give you a connecter style h11 male end? or the metal probe style?

but from the sounds of it you have the solid connector, if you can flip it around and can plug it in without breaking anything when u attempt to plug them together i'd give that a go other wise you might have a faulty kit

sounds kind of weird can always call they're customer service, i did when i was doing my 55w high/low conversion they were pretty helpful
Old Feb 1, 2011, 03:36 AM

so if you dont hear a humming from the ballast then it sounds like your not geting power to the ballast. if u take the hid plug that goes to oem harness and you look at it. you should see just 2 pins. underneith the 2 pins there are 2 hole where you will need a small flat head or pin that would fit in those holes. if you push inside the holes and pull on the back side of the pin, it should release the pin. make sure you remember which pin came from what side. when you pull both out switch it and push the pins in the oposing side and that would switch the polarity. plug the harness back into you oem harness and test it out. you should hear the ballast humm and hid lit. you should have bought the digital ballast, its worth the extra bucks. i went thru my fair share of conventional big ballast and once i made the switch to digital slim i never went back. hope this helps
Old Feb 1, 2011, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mikakatk2
so if you dont hear a humming from the ballast then it sounds like your not geting power to the ballast. if u take the hid plug that goes to oem harness and you look at it. you should see just 2 pins. underneith the 2 pins there are 2 hole where you will need a small flat head or pin that would fit in those holes. if you push inside the holes and pull on the back side of the pin, it should release the pin. make sure you remember which pin came from what side. when you pull both out switch it and push the pins in the oposing side and that would switch the polarity. plug the harness back into you oem harness and test it out. you should hear the ballast humm and hid lit. you should have bought the digital ballast, its worth the extra bucks. i went thru my fair share of conventional big ballast and once i made the switch to digital slim i never went back. hope this helps
Ok, thanks for the help. Ill try switching the polarity, unfortunately its dark by the time I get home and dont have much light to work by.

As for the ballasts, DDM doesn't have any Slim kits in stock and isn't sure when they will be back.I guess I hit the purchase button a little too quick.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 05:06 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just recently put my 3rd set of these on a car, this time a Honda Pilot. Love them. Way brighter than the evo's!

Quick Reply: ddm tuning 35w h11 3000k kit installed