Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Possible 13's Ra

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2005, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible 13's Ra

I was wondering if it is possible to run a quarter mile in the 13's in a NA Ralliart?
If so what would be a list of mods that could get you to that point?

Here is what I was thinking of,

RRM CAI
RRM High flow intake manifold
RRM Downpipe
RRM Axle Back
B&M Short throw Shifter
RRM underdrive pulley
Upgraded tires
RRM ECU
Old Dec 3, 2005, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Not with those mods, (and youve just listed about every bold on made for our cars). Throw in new pistons and cams on top of those mods and I think youve got a fighting chance.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

with those mods youd be lucky to see low 14's.if your trying to be N/A......well you would need to do a shiload of internals. bolts ons wont do it. or u can just turbo it and it would be a peice of cake.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 12:15 PM

Thanks for the help. So what if you add nitrous to that.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

dont add nitrous to lancers, they dont take well to it. Our stock internals arent strong enough to handle shot after shot after shot safely. Youd have to get a new fuel system to SAFELY do it. Plus upgraded internal mods, which really add up.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

With those mods, that's a low 14's. Throw a race header on, and you could *possible see 13's, but you would need something like a 2.1-2.2 60ft.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
well i got all these mods, plus clutch and flywheel and other stuff, and i beleive im 14.3 or so, even tho i never been to the track yet... dyeing to buy some cams and cam shafts
Old Dec 3, 2005, 03:41 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
With slicks, and some custom head work by someone who knows what they're doing, and a more aggressive map on the piggyback, then it's possible.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 05:23 PM

i bet with those mods, slicks, rpw cam, rpw greddy e-manage, rpw race header, p/p head/intake manifold-you'd see some mid 13 sec times!!!!!! that's my goal!!
Old Dec 4, 2005, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Let's put some realism into the equation . . . floating mid to high 13's = stock C5 vettes, E8's, and moderatedly modded GSXs. Floating mid to high 14's = basic modded 1g FWD DSMs or LT1 pony cars. Low 15's = stock 1g FWD DSMs.

If you think you have enough mods to compete in the 13's w/ a bunch of 300 HP cars, feel free to test your theory on the track.

BTW: since the RA is somewhat distant in the HP and close to weight as a 1g FWD DSM, you're going to need HP numbers like the DSM to crack the 13's.

Last edited by bahamut; Dec 4, 2005 at 08:01 AM.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
all you need is to shed dead weight.. add drag radials or slicks and perfect 60ft and you are there...
Old Dec 4, 2005, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think its completly possible, but only with a complete N/A ralliart, which must include the clutch, flywheel, and perhaps LSD package, but especially the cams and camshafts, so we can benefit much more from our mivec. with a complete current RRM line up, (including clutch/flywheel) i think we are seeing 14.3-14.4, maybe 14.1 14.2 with a perfect 60ft time or drag radials... look at the PR guys, they're doing amzing work with the ralliart down there, but i think all that is tuning and heat control...
Old Dec 4, 2005, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

How is it possible for the RA (NA route) to defy the laws of physics w/o getting similar HP rating as a FWD 1g DSM nailing the high 13's?

RA isn't as light as a civic HB w/ a GSR or ITR swap. So, this theory goes out the window, unless doing the ugly SCC strip-o-rama deal (sentra).

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0208_scared/
(BTW: if anyone goes this route, #1 = you will fail safety inspection before even lining up. #2 your fellow lancer/RA owners might lynch you for making it an eye sore to the community. #3 You will never make it or leave the track w/o getting pulled over by the cops for safety reasons.)

Also, the RA has to nail a 60' much better than a 2.2 sec (2.0 is optimal, launching as good as a GSX). ASk any DSM'er or Evo owner when they hit 60' over 2.2 sec . . . they are one unhappy camper.

People, you do know that it took H&A vendors about 10 years to make any decent cam lobes for the Vtec. I'm expecting the same for the MIVEC, unlike the Japanese counterpart in the 4g92 MIVEC (litter all over the pacific rim . . . I'm willing to bet there are still more of them comparing to the 6g72 MIVEC in Japan + all its incarnations in the US).
Old Dec 4, 2005, 05:09 PM

that has to be the funniest **** i've ever seen done. i've never seen someone strip a car that much!!!! but i still think that with rpw cams and slicks on top of all the rrm stuff that 13's will happen. look at what sweet bucket was running. 14.2/14.3 with all the rrm stuff!!!! if he had a more aggressive cam and stickier tires, he would have gotten 13's!!!
Old Dec 4, 2005, 05:39 PM
Account Disabled

My best was a 14.2 NA with basically all those mods. I also had the intake side of my head ported. I went with the RRM piggy as well and found that i could get it right down to the low 14's consistantly with 2.0-2.1 60' times. You just need to hook that launch.

If i had the LSD in and some better tires probably could have gotten into the 13's.

Talk to some of the Puerto Rico RA guys... They've been able to do some valve tuning and other options and getting way better trap speeds than i've gotten. With my launching and their speeds i'd have been in the 13's.

Don't believe the haters or the nay sayers. It can be done... just need to be patient and work with others that may have some better ideas.

On a side note... the gearing in the RA is acceptionally better than any 1G or 2G i've ever been in. I can see how the car can perform better due to that. I mean it was made to perform with small hp so the gearing under higher hp performs way above most. Much like the tranny in the new evo 9's. It's leaps and bounds better than the 8's. My .02

Quick Reply: Possible 13's Ra