Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Boston/Worcester - Local Evo Calendar

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2007, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boston/Worcester - Local Evo Calendar

Edit:

Send your calendar submissions to:
2008EvoCalendar [a t] daveandkate [ d o t ] net

Please submit a hi-res photo for the main facing page of the calendar month. Also include your car/owner facts in the body of the email along with your quote and ending tagline. You may also include up to 2 additional pics that I can use either in the lower section of the page or for front/back cover collage.

1st Draft Samples are up:

You can see that we'll have the picture and an inset text box with some stats on the top page.

On the bottom, we'll have an owner's quote, the calendar with dates of interest, and a final tagline for whatever the owner wants...address to a website or whatever.

I am working on some small pictures for the calendar side as well, but here's the first cut. Let me know what you think!

/EDIT

Hey guys...

I want to put together a 2008 calendar of local Evos. I put together a bunch of calendars last year for Kate's mom and her friends, they were traditional center-bound calendars with a picture in the upper section and the monthly calendar below...I want to get a little more creative, having one big feature picture each month and then 1-2 smaller inset pictures.

I'd also like to try hard to make it an inclusive calendar...whether your car's stock or wild, if you're local I would do my best to get it in the calendar. I'm sure lots of you have pictures you'd like to submit, if you don't then I will be happy to snap some shots for you. I'm really looking for something that we can all proudly display in our offices/cubes/garages/port-a-potties/etc.

They won't be free, but I am not looking to turn a profit, either...we can have them printed for under $20 once we have it all put together...I think it only cost around $8 for the ones i did last year, with spiral binding.

So please, give me your feedback...submit me your pictures... I'd love to do some seasonal-based themes, as well.

Thanks for reading my retardedly long post.

-D

Last edited by avengerhed; Nov 12, 2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 05:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dave you know i am in. And hey, you already have the best pics of my car....because you took them
Old Nov 2, 2007, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

I personally like the idea, and it would be well worth the $20 or so. I just don't know what cleans pics I personally have of my car, other than your pics, and of course Pauls.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

Yea dude, as I told you..i'm down..
Old Nov 2, 2007, 07:12 PM

great idea dave. Count me down.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

im down, in all my stockness glory.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Dont forget me. I got some pics around, but I'll probably need some help getting them to you. I got a good one from Epping.

Last edited by F.O.G.; Nov 3, 2007 at 09:15 AM.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 10:51 AM

Chris!! your still alive. Thank you so much for calling me back 3weeks ago about those manifold bolts.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

How could we forget the "green monster"

We need some high-res shots of the entries...I'm going to start putting some things together this week...

Where's Kevin?
Old Nov 3, 2007, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed

We need some high-res shots of the entries...I'm going to start putting some things together this week...

Where's Kevin?
Dave, if you happen to need any from me, let me know. I am not on here as often as I used to be..so least if I get a PM I'll know thru email. But like I said, you and Paul pretty much took all of mine.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do they have to be evo's.... :-(
Old Nov 4, 2007, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by avengerhed

Where's Kevin?
Awesome Idea dave!! I love it, I'll be more than happy to help out in anyway. Let me know if you need any assistance in designing anything or what not.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 03:59 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This should be sick. We should probably plan a group shot anyway. So maybe we could grab some more individual shots where some of the members (Me, Bill, ect) can setup some really good individual shots since we arent the best at taking pics of our cars.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 04:40 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, some of the pics that we have currently are great but we do need to get some cars...like Bill's...set up specifically for the calendar shoot. As Turco said, I'd love to get a nice group shot as well, I know that time is running out here with regards to the seasons and people putting their cars back to stock.

It looks like it may be a nice day today...should we plan on taking a few pics before the pats game? I am sure that we can find some nice reflective puddles near some nice color-changed trees for some dramatic shots.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

I'll be down if you guys don't mind.

Quick Reply: Boston/Worcester - Local Evo Calendar