Notices

346whp uncorrected '09 Ralliart Evo X turbo tuned by TTP!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 07:12 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
346whp uncorrected '09 Ralliart Evo X turbo tuned by TTP!

There was a thread back last year where JonRalli09 had made about 294whp and Ismael made about 320whp down in south FL. JonRalli09 had been tuned by TTP and Ismael had been tuned elsewhere. Well after the competitive smacktalking ended and the racing began JonRalli09 and his lower Mustang Dyno numbers at TTP over the higher Dynojet 424 numbers down south prevailed as he won time and time again.

Ismael tried again with another tuner down south, but the car did even worse. On his initial tune the car would pop codes much of the time and go into limp mode. He tried his luck again with another Miami shop, but the tune just got worse! You could not even floor the car without the SST transmission warning popping up on the dash. Ismael told us that they would start the pull at 5000rpms just to get any kind of reading on the dyno, it was really ridiculous. So finally he decided to suck it up and take the 4 hour drive to Orlando to come see us at TTP.

Ismael's ride was equipped with Evo X turbo, FMIC, twin scroll manifold, Harmon Motive intake, AGP WGA, HKS DP, custom qtp cutout testpipe and I believe stock catback, stock O2 housing.

With the cutout open in 4th gear, the car made a record breaking 346whp and 335tq on UNCORRECTED 1.00 Mustang Dyno figures as we turned off the WCF.

Once the car was tuned with the cutout open, we knew we were making too much power and tq for the SST ECU to accept as it would rev so fast that the car could not shift fast enough and would redline the first few gears. The clutches WERE HOLDING and there were no trouble codes, however the ECU just cuold not get the shifting on time.

What we ended up doing is closing the cutout and REDUCING POWER to about 315whp uncorrected and ran it through its paces again. Here are the results of the best MPH:

Here are the results of the best E.T. which should be a record for a Ralliart 2009. It will be easy for Ismael to duplicate at the track so he should back it up shortly.

With the power level reduced the car would shift better and would not redline as much as with the extra 30whp. If we could somehow get it shifting at full power, the car would easily do a 12.2-12.3 @ 112-113mph with the cutout open.

Here is a 4th gear pull. The smoke is from accumulation of oil from his blown and replaced stock turbo which had gathered at the cutout door.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; Oct 24, 2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
very very very impressive!! Scott some of the pics are not working^^

BTW i will be in tampa FL sometime in DECEMBER, i understand thats about 45 minutes away from ORLANDO, i will pay you guys a visit and get a custom tune. Get my numbers up a little more.
jake
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ayyayay!
Holy crapz
Izzy and John, I'm going tomorrow 2 the drag strip at Homestead, let's go and see how fast ur RA's really are!! :-D

Good work TTP! I'll let Izzy be our guinea pig with the TC-SST and that much power... if it last long enough for other companies to release a clutch pack then I'll be shooting for the same numbers... I haven't been in Orlando in a while!

Edit: it's not a 4 hour drive in a RA

Last edited by jazket; Oct 22, 2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:28 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by jazket
Ayyayay!
Holy crapz
Izzy and John, I'm going tomorrow 2 the drag strip at Homestead, let's go and see how fast ur RA's really are!! :-D

Good work TTP! I'll let Izzy be our guinea pig with the TC-SST and that much power... if it last long enough for other companies to release a clutch pack then I'll be shooting for the same numbers... I haven't been in Orlando in a while!

The clutch is holding fine once we unscrewed the last tuner's mapping, the issue now is the SST ECU's ability to shift the clutch when it is supposed to without redlining when the cutout is open and it is at full power.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:29 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Jake26
very very very impressive!! Scott some of the pics are not working^^

BTW i will be in tampa FL sometime in DECEMBER, i understand thats about 45 minutes away from ORLANDO, i will pay you guys a visit and get a custom tune. Get my numbers up a little more.
jake
INTERNET EXPLORER WILL NOT WORK WITH THE DYNOSHEET CODE.

USE FIREFOX OR CHROME.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Did you try upping the redline to match the EVO X's 7,600 rpm fuel cut off? It might help the "hitting redline too quick in lower gears" problem.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
The clutch is holding fine once we unscrewed the last tuner's mapping, the issue now is the SST ECU's ability to shift the clutch when it is supposed to without redlining when the cutout is open and it is at full power.
So you think I'd be better if he does all the shifting himself rather than using auto + sport mode?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:37 AM
Account Disabled

Yes the redline was raised which helped it have more time to shift with the cutout closed, however with it open, there was not much to be able to do to get it to shift fast enough.

I tried a number of things from manual paddle to regular and sports mode. Best results were with sports and allowing the car to shift on its own.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Yes the redline was raised which helped it have more time to shift with the cutout closed, however with it open, there was not much to be able to do to get it to shift fast enough.

I tried a number of things from manual paddle to regular and sports mode. Best results were with sports and allowing the car to shift on its own.
that answers my question
Old Oct 22, 2009, 10:41 AM
Account Disabled

that answers my question
Manual mode really didn't make a difference because the car would not shift when you pressed the paddle anyway.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Hmm, if someone can figure out the exact differences between the TCU on our TC-SST and the MR's TCU, maybe a Super Sport Mode would maximize the new power.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 01:43 PM

It has been a roller coaster of a ride ever since i started throwing mods at the RA. I'am extremely amazed at the numbers that came from my tune at TTP, i can't wait to upgrade my fuel pump and injectors, to see what else can come from this addiction called "MORE POWER". I want to thank TTP for everything they've done for me and my RA! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! Here's the dyno session! Thanks Scott!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QBrX2CoVsw

Last edited by 8urSuby; Oct 22, 2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

what kind of wheels are those?
Old Oct 22, 2009, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheDriver11421
what kind of wheels are those?
Enkei EKM3
Old Oct 22, 2009, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Ayyayay!
Holy crapz

It would be good to get those guys to come out too. My record time to Orlando was 2 hrs & 50 mins and that was in my OZ on balding tires. Just imagine what i can do with the RA .

Great job TTP. The more i see results like this, the more i want to take the "4 hour" ride up there when i get my parts together. I would be happy with just low 13 sec runs.

Quick Reply: 346whp uncorrected '09 Ralliart Evo X turbo tuned by TTP!