Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

AEM UEGO voltage problems

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2005, 04:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM UEGO voltage problems

First of all the AEM forums have been down for like forever it seems. Anyway I think I got a bad UEGO controller, or harness anyway.

Basically we hooked up the external UEGO for the EMS the way it was intended and was only seeing about 2.7v on the EMS. So we start back tracking. We get down to eliminating everything but the UEGO controller and it's wiring harness.

We have a fused 10 gauge 12v direct from the battery and another 10 gauge straight from battery ground. With a voltmeter we see 13.5v at the end of the 12v wire thats connected to the UEGO. The Sensor has been disconnected(so it should read 4v). We now get about 3.7v out of the orange signal wire(0-5v)

The really wierd thing is if we move the wires/sheath between the Controller itself and the plug for the 02 sensor the voltage will jump from nothing back to 3.8v and sometimes hitting 3.92v at the highest. You can literally take the wires with your fingers and squish them back and forth together inside the sheath to somewhat roll them around and the voltage goes crazy. Sometimes if you just pick up the sheath it drops to nothing.

I'm thinking I have either a defective controller, or one of the wires in the sheath aren't right. This is a brand new controller. Just checking to see if anyone else has had problems with the external UEGO controller itself. I love my EMS, but the UEGO is quickly losing my faith. I had to use my good old trusty LM-1 to tune that day.
Old May 10, 2005, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I called the company I bought the UEGO from and they tell me to call AEM to have it repaired. I call AEM and they give me an RGA number and tell me to ship the UEGO to them.

Tell me why I have to pay the shipping to them when it's their product that went bad? This seems like bad business to me.

What should I do, complain to the company I bought it from to get me a new one to trade out, or call AEM and complain about the shipping?

Not to mention me being without the product I paid good money for..

I dont know if it's just me or has American Business finally turned for the worst. This would never happen in other countries. So far I've dealt with over 20 aftermarket companies and they all have shortchanged me in some way.