Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

AEM Safegaurds for Alky/Meth Instructions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2007, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok I see, well then like you are saying the best thing then is to use another form of boost control which will be able to drop the boost down to an acceptable level for the straight pump gas if the meth were to stop spraying.

Good deal thanks for the info man appreciated.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
Ok I see, well then like you are saying the best thing then is to use another form of boost control which will be able to drop the boost down to an acceptable level for the straight pump gas if the meth were to stop spraying.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 12:46 AM
Account Disabled

interesting setup..............hopefully this will work on my Aquamist HSF-5
Old Oct 29, 2007, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Bump, Surprised this hasn't be stickyed!
Old Feb 26, 2008, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

okay bringing back from the dead... im kinda confused about how to make the gm selinod cut boost if the alky stops spraying... please enligten me a little more like what parameters to change and all that.. also is there a wiring diagram out there yet?? it is 2 am and im aimlessly roaming the internet so please take it easy on me..lol
Old Feb 27, 2008, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike.p
okay bringing back from the dead... im kinda confused about how to make the gm selinod cut boost if the alky stops spraying... please enligten me a little more like what parameters to change and all that.. also is there a wiring diagram out there yet?? it is 2 am and im aimlessly roaming the internet so please take it easy on me..lol
If you are using the AEM for boost control use the boost switch function along with the nitrous maps. Base fuel and timing would be with base maps, meth fuel and timing would be with the nitrous maps. Setup the boost switch so that it is just the opposite of the nitrous switch, in other words use the main boost control tables for meth then when the nitrous maps are not active (not spraying meth) use the secondary boost setting (from the boost switch config) to set your lower boost.

This Is the way i'm doing it with my aquamist at the moment, but I have not enabled the boost switch yet.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by milo
interesting setup..............hopefully this will work on my Aquamist HSF-5
It is actually easier with the hfs-5. Use the hfs-5 ground relay. Insert a socket into one of the free switch inputs on the aem (I'm using pin 7, switch 4 on my VIII, pin 7 is not used in the factory harness) then run the free end of the wire to the dds3 box I'll have to go look at mine to see what pins I'm using, but you use the setup the gives ground when all is well.

I'm going to do a write up when I finish getting mine setup and tuned.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike.p
You are able to regulate boost by using the Boost Hi/Lo switch and the input being the Switch #7 since it sees the turn on point for the alky. When the alky is on it changes your boost target to allow you to hit higher boost. This works well if boost control is tuned properly (it can not be tuned for one boost level on your duty table to work right). Good luck, remember always test twice.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Good Info Mad VIII, gald to see people using this with other systems.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTVEVO
Good Info Mad VIII, gald to see people using this with other systems.
Yeah,
I gotta do a write up when I finish, it will be particular to aquamist since the control box includes several option for "failsafe" integration.

Your how too was a big help with figuring out the nitrous map and hi/low boost setup.

I'm still not clear on the high low boost settings, despite have read over the manual about 10 times now IIRC when the switch is off (not using the value on the hi / low switch panel) boost is control by the target map, but when the switch is enabled (using the value on the hi / low tab) you just have one setpoint. Is that correct?

My thought is to set low boost on the hi / low tab so the switch setup would use a single low boost target when the meth is off or a fault is detected. Then when the meth is on and no fault, it would use the target table for finner control over boost.

I have the nitrous maps working the way I want currently, just have not moved to PI boost control yet (still on duty cycle and feedback correction) so I have not played with the boost switch function yet.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mad_VIII
Yeah,
I gotta do a write up when I finish, it will be particular to aquamist since the control box includes several option for "failsafe" integration.

Your how too was a big help with figuring out the nitrous map and hi/low boost setup.

I'm still not clear on the high low boost settings, despite have read over the manual about 10 times now IIRC when the switch is off (not using the value on the hi / low switch panel) boost is control by the target map, but when the switch is enabled (using the value on the hi / low tab) you just have one setpoint. Is that correct?

My thought is to set low boost on the hi / low tab so the switch setup would use a single low boost target when the meth is off or a fault is detected. Then when the meth is on and no fault, it would use the target table for finner control over boost.

I have the nitrous maps working the way I want currently, just have not moved to PI boost control yet (still on duty cycle and feedback correction) so I have not played with the boost switch function yet.

Your understanding looks correct and you can do it that way also since it is a little different than what I explained in the beginning. Just as always be sure to test test test. When you are finished posting your wire-up instructions would be great for others.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

bringing this back from the dead
Old Jun 9, 2011, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

R.i.p
Old Jun 26, 2011, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member