Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

Car doesnt start for crap, need help

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyway thats what i went with. Seems to be the closest, but denso would prolly work to.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:18 PM
Evolving Member

They are really neither PTE, or rochester. Delphi actually makes them. Then these companies mod them to fit different applications.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:33 PM
Evolving Member

6 2550
7 2450
8 1880
9 1480
10 1220
11 1030
12 870
13 740
14 630
15 540
16 460
Thats my battery offset
Old Dec 17, 2005, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Use the rochester injector offset like mentioned above. Read this on the AEM forum before as well, also if you have MSD injectors it is the same thing.

Trina - how did the file work out? Did it start any better?
Old Dec 17, 2005, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I havent had a chance to go out and screw with it yet. Hopefully tonight Ill get some time and try the new injector offset.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

I think I will just start with the basemap again and adjust the injectors and the fuel map for my fuel pressure and injectors. It should adjust it fine even with me being at 55psi base pressure shouldnt it?
Old Dec 17, 2005, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Yes it should get you in the ballpark, but fine tuning will get it spot on. Good luck, and let me know how it works out.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

Well I went back to the base startup map and adjusted it all for my fuel settings but my plugs were completely fouled and I was too cold to change them

I also did notice a pretty serious problem... when I wired the Zeitronix I used the crappy blue little splice thingies and apparently they are lose or something... when I wiggle my harness the ECU gets pissed and the car would either stumble or shutoff. I never could see why this was happening (Laptop can barely run the software so it wasnt able to see anything in realtime)... anyways... the ECU thinks I am at 36psi with 100% throttle, etc, etc... SO... I have more issues than tuning right now

Oh... and one little question since I think I can finally get the car to work tuning wise once I fix the harness... I was wondering if the fuel pressure is normal to drop quickly after turning the car off when using the EMS. With the stock ECU my car would hold fuel pressure for a decent while after the car was shutoff. With the EMS my fuel pressure drops pretty quickly now. Is this normal?
Old Dec 18, 2005, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
I also did notice a pretty serious problem... when I wired the Zeitronix I used the crappy blue little splice thingies and apparently they are lose or something... when I wiggle my harness the ECU gets pissed and the car would either stumble or shutoff. I never could see why this was happening (Laptop can barely run the software so it wasnt able to see anything in realtime)... anyways... the ECU thinks I am at 36psi with 100% throttle, etc, etc... SO... I have more issues than tuning right now
Make sure you have Map Voltage as the Map sensor input in the options tab for the map sensor under the Setup tab. If not it will be assigned to the TPS sensor.

The FP sounds normal to me when the car is shut off.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TrinaBabe

Oh... and one little question since I think I can finally get the car to work tuning wise once I fix the harness... I was wondering if the fuel pressure is normal to drop quickly after turning the car off when using the EMS. With the stock ECU my car would hold fuel pressure for a decent while after the car was shutoff. With the EMS my fuel pressure drops pretty quickly now. Is this normal?
Sounds like one injector is open, but that's just a guess. Just go through the wizards before you start the car, especially with the TPS.
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Your doesnt do this as well? I thought the reason the fuel pressure drops is because the ECU when I am watching it seems to leave the injector duty cycle open until the ECU turns off about 5 seconds after I shut the car off. My other thought was it was pushing the fuel past the pump reverse. I think some of my problems with the car was trying to run it at 60psi base pressure. Seems a little high too me so I will try tomorrow night with the pressure around 43 base.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Question...

Why are you running such high FP with such large injectors? Are you expecting 500 HP?

bryan
Old Dec 19, 2005, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

Also, if this is your first time with a EMS and you only have a few bolton's then you need to put your stock injectors back in along with setting it back to stock FP and start with the base map. You really need to get rid of all these variables.

bryan
Old Dec 19, 2005, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

trina i will let you know how the startup works tomorrow but today was much better i bumped my warm up enrichment table up to about 40% and have it sloping down to 150 to 170 on the coolant temps... if it start good tomorrow i will post how i have it.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

I am running that high fuel pressure because yes, I am assume the car is making 500+ HP. I am maxxing the injectors out at 26psi at around 7k on race fuel. That was with stockish fuel pressure... I bumped it because I did not want to retune the whole fuel map once I got it running ok. I dont have just a few "minor" bolt ons . The only thing that isnt modified is the block internals and head (Aside from cams). Other than that there isnt much stock that could be used for power gains.

I am trying to talk myself into going outside and putting in new plugs (wind chill = -12 F). I honestly think my biggest problems were A.) Wiring harness being hacked and B.) Fuel pressure at 60psi. If I can talk myself into it Ill go lower the pressure and swap the plugs and try again

Im crossing my fingers

Quick Reply: Car doesnt start for crap, need help