Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

AEM EMS tuning now i'm desperate

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2006, 02:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy AEM EMS tuning now i'm desperate

HI need help with my AEM EMS I hate to result to this but I’m desperate
here are my engine mods
DNP manifold with gt3071 turbo and tial wastegate

HKS 272 intake and exhuast cams

Custom spearco intercooler and piping with HKS SSBOV

Buschur racing 255 liter fuel pump and 780cc injectors

HKS HI-TI full exhuast system and intake

AEM EMS and 3.5 bar map and AIT (maf delete basically) also gm boost soleniod

of course I have gauges and clutch tein basics and a few other mods that really don’t matter to the ems tuning Is there anyone out there with AEM base map with same or close to mods . I use to have a AFC2 but sold it as soon as I got an AEM thinking I would no longer need it wish I had keeped it at least till a got the AEM tuned. I’m having trouble with my tuning on ems and would be grateful if someone was willing to help with a base map for my mods good enough to get to a dyno my stock ecu doesn’t work well with the mods and is hardly drivable to get to a good AEM tuner I’d say the closest one is near 6 hours away in KC and yes i have uploaded the base map for the evo8 with same results as the stock ECU near nect to no difference in drivability iv'e read through the guide and i think i'm more confused than before i read it or maybe i'm just an idiot?
thanks for reading
PS. willing to pay for your base map with same or close to mods yes I’m that desperate
Thanks for reading
Old Feb 3, 2006, 02:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DONT BLOW UP YOUR RIDE!! Where exactly are you? I think a drive for 6 hours is better than blowing your car up. Better yet, have it towed there. Call AEM and see where their closest "certified" tuner is located by you. Good luck.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 03:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yes, you need to just trailer your car to the dyno.

if you've read the efi basics document several times and are still clueless, then you're better of f just relaxing and letting the pros do it.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 03:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
and there simply has to be some place closer than 6 hours that knows how to tune a car.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sleeperevo8
HI need help with my AEM EMS I hate to result to this but I’m desperate
here are my engine mods
DNP manifold with gt3071 turbo and tial wastegate

HKS 272 intake and exhuast cams

Custom spearco intercooler and piping with HKS SSBOV

Buschur racing 255 liter fuel pump and 780cc injectors

HKS HI-TI full exhuast system and intake

AEM EMS and 3.5 bar map and AIT (maf delete basically) also gm boost soleniod

of course I have gauges and clutch tein basics and a few other mods that really don’t matter to the ems tuning Is there anyone out there with AEM base map with same or close to mods . I use to have a AFC2 but sold it as soon as I got an AEM thinking I would no longer need it wish I had keeped it at least till a got the AEM tuned. I’m having trouble with my tuning on ems and would be grateful if someone was willing to help with a base map for my mods good enough to get to a dyno my stock ecu doesn’t work well with the mods and is hardly drivable to get to a good AEM tuner I’d say the closest one is near 6 hours away in KC and yes i have uploaded the base map for the evo8 with same results as the stock ECU near nect to no difference in drivability iv'e read through the guide and i think i'm more confused than before i read it or maybe i'm just an idiot?
thanks for reading
PS. willing to pay for your base map with same or close to mods yes I’m that desperate
Thanks for reading
Aren't you in Sioux falls s.d.? Excessive Motorsports is an Authorized AEM dealer/tuner, and Joey does excellent work! Call him 605-332-0000
Old Feb 3, 2006, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

trailer is a good idea at the monment anyone got one they can loan me haha . yes i'm in sioux falls and joey is a good but from the DSM grave yard and a few other car with blown engines in the front of his shop kinda tells me a little different it kinda makes you wonder bout his quality of work but i have no prpblems with him i've known him since we went to high school but i'm jus trying to keep anyone from workin on my car here word gets around real quick and to much trash talk happen perfer to take it somewhere else and his 2 wheel dyno rates are insain 300 jus to get my car setup to go on the dyno last time i checked. I do most the work myself but AEM EMS is new to me it isn't no AFC2 that easy to tune haha and i've talk to a few guys that have had there car done at gieman motorsports and they have the closest awd dyno i leaning towards them $1000 for install and dyno tune sounds good to me. done once done right thats my saying
Old Feb 5, 2006, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

expect to have that aem retuned often, it's not a done once kinda thing, if you wanted a done one done right, u should have gone with a flash or piggypack
Old Feb 5, 2006, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Why not call Sean Ivy and see if he can help you.
If not pay now to ship it somwhere well known for tuning EVO's with AEMs ect. Other wise you will pay much more later.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ballistic speed
expect to have that aem retuned often, it's not a done once kinda thing, if you wanted a done one done right, u should have gone with a flash or piggypack
Do you have an AEM EMS or have you in the past? A good tuner can set up the AEM to work well in any weather so if you had problems and needed to retune all the time, I'd be looking into a different tuner for your AEM.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

Well, thats if you give enough leway in the tuning, but if ur pushing the envlope of your power output, then you will have to get retunes, if they do a safe tune then yes you won't need a retune but then you won't get a full power output
Old Feb 6, 2006, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ballistic speed
We set the calibration in our drag Civic 2 years ago..and haven't touched it since! How " on the edge do you think that car was? What do you think....the computer makes changes over time...on it's own? This statement only shows your ignorance, and lack of understanding. I drove my car daily for 2 years without touching the tune once. THen when I made mechanical changes..(I.E. cams, larger turbo, bigger injectors) then ofcourse I had to retune things. It IS a done ONCE kindof thing....the tune doesn't change. When is the last time you took your stock car in for a recalibration?
Old Feb 6, 2006, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Jason, do you make house calls?????
Old Feb 7, 2006, 12:49 AM
Evolving Member

i did look in on sean ivy accually someone pm him for me just waiting for him to get back to me. if all else fails i'll trailer my car to a tuner. i did manage to get the car to start on saturday when playing with the base line tune the comes in the setup. but doesnt run to well when its starts to boost even at 2 psi the car get all shakky i only drove it around the block i'm thinking it might be because i have no boost settings on the AEM and the manual boost control is still hook up instead of the boost solenoid and i have bigger injectors too accually what was i set it as cause i have buschur racing injectors 780cc but it doesn't show on the wizard and what settings should i change when adding the maf delete parts ?
Old Feb 8, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

msg Sean Ivey (Sean I) and tell him your mods. He will make you a base map to your mods and then show you how to do the trimming. If you want a really good base map you will take my advice and contact him
Old Feb 8, 2006, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Also where r u located ?

Quick Reply: AEM EMS tuning now i'm desperate