Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

*evo Ix Ems*

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2006, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*evo Ix Ems*

Does anyone know if there is an EMS out for the 9 yet? AEM, ECUTek.... whatever.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

no Standalone is out.. unless you want to go with a Universal like a TEC3 or Motec. But Yea.. Ecutek works really good...but you need a tuner with ECUteck reflash equipment to tune. There are quite a few out there. Sean Ivey does ECUTek reflashing....so do others

Krunal
Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by platinumspecv
no Standalone is out.. unless you want to go with a Universal like a TEC3 or Motec. But Yea.. Ecutek works really good...but you need a tuner with ECUteck reflash equipment to tune. There are quite a few out there. Sean Ivey does ECUTek reflashing....so do others

Krunal
Tanks fo da info! U have an 8 or 9?
Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

he has a 2003 evo so i am guessing an evo 8...
Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Motec PnP is available for the IX.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:42 PM

How does the Motec compare with the AEM EMS? I am VERY dissapointed that there is no AEM EMS out for the IX yet. I was planning on going to purchase one in a few weeks.

-Sayajin
Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

The motec will do everything the AEM will, and some will argue it is capable of far more. It will cost a fair amount more $$, but the performance gains will be equal to the AEM. The AEM has the capabilities to drive the MIVEC, but the connectors are different on the IX, so a new connector and a new basemap will have to be developed. If you found someone good enough, a patch harness could be made, and a custom map built to control the MIVEC using the EVOVIII AEM box.

I would check and see if there is someone in your area that deals with Motec standalones, if you are in a hurry, I doubt you will ever regret going with a motec.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by liberty2000rs
Motec PnP is available for the IX.
it is only out for the JDM IX ecu, and motec isn't even producing a PnP for US VIII as yet
Old Feb 26, 2006, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by liberty2000rs
The motec will do everything the AEM will, and some will argue it is capable of far more. It will cost a fair amount more $$, but the performance gains will be equal to the AEM. The AEM has the capabilities to drive the MIVEC, but the connectors are different on the IX, so a new connector and a new basemap will have to be developed. If you found someone good enough, a patch harness could be made, and a custom map built to control the MIVEC using the EVOVIII AEM box.

I would check and see if there is someone in your area that deals with Motec standalones, if you are in a hurry, I doubt you will ever regret going with a motec.
I know w/ the AEM EMS for the 8, u could make ur own maps. I guess ne thing is that I want to be able to adjust the A/f ratio's. I am intrigued by the power numbers I have read about the AEM EMS... but I don't know how to use the AEM EMS and I know that u can really mess the car up if u don;t know what ur doing. And seeing as how I don;t have an AWD dyno here it is a pain driving 2 hours just to use one. Any alternatives to the EMS...?