Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

throttle rises when lifting off accelerator?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2006, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
throttle rises when lifting off accelerator?

I have AEM V1.11 my cal is below. When I start it up It idles pretty EFin high and comes down to normal. When I get on the throttle and lift off it stays at about 3 grand and falls back down slowly.....WHY? I had this problem intermitently a few times in the past but it was only with 80-WOT acceleration. TB doesn't seem to be sticking, checked for that. Can anyone see an issue with the idle map? I have revolvers and a 2.3...Some day i'll actually DRIVE this car. I think I spent more time workin on it than driving it these past months.
Attached Files

Last edited by LetItBreath; Sep 19, 2006 at 06:58 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Check your high idle settings. Your Idle FB Below rpm seems a little high. Try setting it closer to 2500.

Also your Idle% vs Target table looks a little shallow, 3krpm should be closer to 100% and it should curve down to 0% where it meets your target idle.

I'm not an expert, but that's where I'd start.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 03:55 AM
Evolved Member

i'll try that I guess. Thanks Jbrown.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Your Idle FB high and low seem too large try more like -15 and 15

also set your boost/idle PW TPS to a valve a few pecent above your idle position when the car is warm and idleing correctly.

If you really want. log idle parameters and the normal things like afr during a startup and till the car is warm and i might be able to help you alittle better.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spaceball 1
Your Idle FB high and low seem too large try more like -15 and 15

also set your boost/idle PW TPS to a valve a few pecent above your idle position when the car is warm and idleing correctly.

If you really want. log idle parameters and the normal things like afr during a startup and till the car is warm and i might be able to help you alittle better.
yea i was planning on doing that originally but i had to chase down an oil leak(which SHOULD be fixed tonight, but then again it should have been fixed 4 times ago). I'll post a log soon as I get it.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

I have no friggin idea what is going on here. Now the thing is fine when free reving it. When I turn on the AC it kicks up a little normally, but as soon as I touch the throttle it hovers at 2k and stays there for a long time. WTF. Heres the weirder thing. I have my idle target base set to 1100 in the graph, but in the parameters its reading as 1375. If I adjust the base in the graph, it stays 275 rpms off??? Has anyone else experienced this? I just updated the firmware to the latest version of 1.19 btw.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Sep 23, 2006, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

I found your 275 problem. under your advance idle, you have RPM vs TPS table it is set to 275 at a thottle valve up 15 % then tapers off. Here is the fix. Lower the graph down to 0 all the way across, and also reset your throttle range under Configure, ecu setup, set throttle range. One or other are fixing the problem just in different way, but the throttle still needs to be set.
Old Sep 23, 2006, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spaceball 1
I found your 275 problem. under your advance idle, you have RPM vs TPS table it is set to 275 at a thottle valve up 15 % then tapers off. Here is the fix. Lower the graph down to 0 all the way across, and also reset your throttle range under Configure, ecu setup, set throttle range. One or other are fixing the problem just in different way, but the throttle still needs to be set.
I found this out a couple days ago. I was gonna come on and post that i fixed it but my computer was being moved at the time. Thanks for the help from everyone though.