Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

Does the AEM EMS utilize the stock 02 sensors???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2007, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kjewer1
I could never think of a way to get the AEM to cycle around 14.7 like the stock ECU does. I don't think it has the required logic. I wonder though what would happen if you entered the calibration curve of the narrow band sensor, and setup O2 feedback with a pretty tight control limit (once the map is close to 14.7, which would require a wideband). It might simulate the stock ECU's behavior to some degree. Either way, it's not worth it, since you need a wideband to do any meaningful (and safe) WOT tuning.
There are plenty of ways to do it. Cross counting will depend on how the ecu parameters are set. Either way you are correct that it is useless even trying to incorporate a narrowband sensor into the ems.
Old Jun 17, 2007, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Planet Evo
The AEM NEVER uses the STOCK sensors or even any aftermarket sensors. IT NEEDS to be be calibrated to use or read anything inputted to it. Doesn't matter open or closed loop.
The EMS will be in OPEN loop ALL the time, unless a wideband is specifically designated to read and give feedback to the ems. Then you can program closed loop status.
Wow.... I guess I better hurry up and buy me a UEGO wideband and have it calibrated/tuned for better fuel milege
Old Jun 18, 2007, 10:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
Wow.... I guess I better hurry up and buy me a UEGO wideband and have it calibrated/tuned for better fuel milege
The innovate xd16 is amazing. It can be wired into the front O2 as a narrowband simulation, So if you ever go back to stock ecu for emmisions, you won't need to change O2 sensors. The display can actually be mounted almost anywhere.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Planet Evo
The innovate xd16 is amazing. It can be wired into the front O2 as a narrowband simulation, So if you ever go back to stock ecu for emmisions, you won't need to change O2 sensors. The display can actually be mounted almost anywhere.
I don't think there are any widebands available that don't do that. I've never seen one that didn't.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you Captain Obvious. The XD 16 has other features. I was just staying on topic with the thread.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

AEM does not need an o2 sensor to function. Most people are referring to o2 feedback which uses a WB signal to help reach a target AF (easier said than done). I can go into more detail if you want.