Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

Pruven Performance AEM Install

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by blueevokev
i sat at pruven for like 3 days driving from PA and was told end of day pick up which turned into days, missing work, hotels, ect ect......

just thought team at the shop was very disrespectful, sneaky, and was "scared" to fill me in with what was going on... oh well, bad experience, never will go back.....
Glad to see you made it out of there in one peice.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
1 year and 8 months and still didn't finish

OK buddy , keep pretending you wasn't there

I got a good video for you if you wanna keep that up
Sounds like either you kept changing your mind or you couldnt come up with money.... Anyone who has had a car at a shop for even more than 3 months would file a claim...

You dont sound to smart by the way you are going about this. Even according to your video you dont sound to smart. Ive never seen anyone be cool about leaving a car at a shop for more than a year and a half and just be like "yeah, they're still not done!"
Old Jul 26, 2008, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 90GSXDan
Sounds like either you kept changing your mind or you couldnt come up with money.... Anyone who has had a car at a shop for even more than 3 months would file a claim...

You dont sound to smart by the way you are going about this. Even according to your video you dont sound to smart. Ive never seen anyone be cool about leaving a car at a shop for more than a year and a half and just be like "yeah, they're still not done!"
ask AMS if I had problems paying

Car was at ams for like 8 months and the work was
Old Jul 26, 2008, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Ok like I said, why wouldnt you file a claim then? Make them pay for the scratches or a new motor? Seems fishy...
Old Jul 27, 2008, 05:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pruven
Really? What team are you talking about? Sneaky? Sneaky why? And scared.... I couldn't really tell you what we would be scared about? Maybe you could tell me. Did you car have probelms? What were your exact issues? When did this happen?

Dan

Oh boy,

I would say around 2006. Had cams, turbo kit, head studs installed. Drove up from PA and was told it would be done at the end of the day and you guys were really helping me out since i was expressing how i had to go home at the end of the day. Know i dont rush good work, but i asked to see if it was possible and was told yes without a doubt.

Sneaky...

I was askign a few questions, wasnt getting answers, getting brushed off, and not allowed to take a look at the car. Now i know there are some rules, but i have been to many shops where a paying customer driving 200 miles was given some feedback. It got to the point where 'I' was nervous to ask something about "my" car that "i" was paying you guys good money for.

Problems...

My car made 300whp at 31psi with 272 cams Buschur gt30 turbo kit all boltons and a wonderful DYNOFLASH.

Your emplyees made a joke saying "This thing might blow up is Al puts any more boost at it"

Thats about all the details i can think of know. It was a long sad ride home to PA after all the extra expenses and a 20whp gain.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blueevokev
Oh boy,

I would say around 2006. Had cams, turbo kit, head studs installed. Drove up from PA and was told it would be done at the end of the day and you guys were really helping me out since i was expressing how i had to go home at the end of the day. Know i dont rush good work, but i asked to see if it was possible and was told yes without a doubt.

Sneaky...

I was askign a few questions, wasnt getting answers, getting brushed off, and not allowed to take a look at the car. Now i know there are some rules, but i have been to many shops where a paying customer driving 200 miles was given some feedback. It got to the point where 'I' was nervous to ask something about "my" car that "i" was paying you guys good money for.

Problems...

My car made 300whp at 31psi with 272 cams Buschur gt30 turbo kit all boltons and a wonderful DYNOFLASH.

Your emplyees made a joke saying "This thing might blow up is Al puts any more boost at it"

Thats about all the details i can think of know. It was a long sad ride home to PA after all the extra expenses and a 20whp gain.

I can assure you that you did not deal with me. I had a manager running the shop at the time and he should have been the one handleing it. He is no longer there but if this did happen I can assure you that there must have been a paticualr reason. And not for nothing, when you asked to see your car and then were denied, you just accepted it? Why were you denied? I don't know your name and I don't know if this is you, but the only time I can think of any access being denied to someones car is when we find a firearm in it and not possesing a Ct State gun permit. It is illegal to bring a gun form out of state unless you are a police officer. I'm very catious with things like that for many many liability/legal reasons. I have a lot of insight to these type of situations as my own brother is a police officer. If this was the case and we didn't jam you up by reporting it to the police (5 yr minimum jail for possesing a firearm without a CT permit), then I'd say it's pretty wrong of you to come on here and talk that negative talk that people like to do so much. If that wasn't you then I just went on a little tirade of a rant for nothing and I'd like to hear as many details as you can give me about your situation. Did you come up to us more than once or was this the one and only time you were there?

Thanks for answering the questions as it helps me figure out what was happening there while I had some else in charge.

Dan @ Pruven Performance

Last edited by Pruven; Jul 27, 2008 at 09:09 AM. Reason: spelling, adding text.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 90GSXDan

I'm so tired of this Sharkbaits lies. The car was at my shop for 13 months. The car was finished 4 seperate times. Each time there was more work added to the job and thats what kept the car there along with payment difficulties from this Sharkbbait guy. From the very beginning of his video he says he's pulling out his car from Pruven, not that he's so excited to pick up his car. He planned it for whatever his reasons were and made it out to be something it wasn't. The video clearly shows we were in the middle of working on it as he took it from my shop. As far as the other shop that wokred on his car after us, thats a another story in itself, but let me just point out just another one of this Sharbaits lies. The other shop had his car for 11 months...11, not 8. Just like we didnt have it for 1 year and 8 months.....13 months is what we had it for. Of course the situation is very detailed and would take 4 pages of this thread to go over, but this just about sums it up.

Dan @ Pruven Performance
Old Jul 27, 2008, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Well as sharkbait says Pruven destroyed his car i think that is a bunch of bs. I personally think Dan and John over at Pruven do high quality work, have great customer service and there turn around time is amazing. I walked in there one day my car only making 375whp, a couple hours laters on the dyno tuning all the bugs out from "the jellyfish" and now im making 510whp. Thanks to Dan and John over at Pruven they made this happen for me.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

Congrads on putting some great numbers. By the way is that on a Dyno Jet dyno?
Old Jul 28, 2008, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4drboost
Congrads on putting some great numbers. By the way is that on a Dyno Jet dyno?
Yes.
BTW....some bigger numbers on the way.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:17 AM
Evolving Member

listen sharkbite and all of his i hate pruven clan. i have been going to pruven for over a year now,and not once have i got bad customer service or was lied too. pruven has helped me out alot with my car. yes sharkbite i do see your corny you tube videos but if you take your car back so many times when its not done what do you think is going to happen.your car is not going to be 100 percent finished. i also know how long it take to fully build a car from soup to nuts and it takesalot more time then just a few months. you can bash who ever you want but good work does take time.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 02:28 PM

pruven does nothing but quality work great customer service awsome people wouldnt choose another shop to take my evo to than them!
Old Nov 18, 2008, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JYoungEVO
pruven does nothing but quality work great customer service awsome people wouldnt choose another shop to take my evo to than them!
Wow..back from the dead.
Well take a look around....sooooooo many cars are "down" in New England from engine mishaps/failures and yet mine is still running strong on the original Pruven build and tune....