Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

EMS with stock turbo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2009, 01:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EMS with stock turbo

I'm trying to come down .174 in the quarter mile and was wondering if you think I can get it from switching over to EMS? I have a FP Red sitting there waiting to be put on but am thinking of jumping to a GT35R once I brake Colorado's fastest stock turbo ever record. So I wont be running the EMS with stock turbo more them a month.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:06 AM
Evolving Member

There are definitely some gains to be had with the EMS. One being the MAF is removed as it is a restriction.
It really all depends how well you can tune using the AEM EMS. The AEM is a VERY powerful system but is not for the faint of heart either. If you know how to tune an AEM then yes, you could pick up that time you are wanting out of the car using the AEM.

I've seen gains going to an AEM EMS anywhere from 30whp up towards 65whp using the stock turbo without changing setups other then the EMS, but I have also seen people loose allot of power too cause the lack of tuning knowledge with the EMS. Again, it all depends how well you can tune with it.

Me personally I think I can make more power using an AEM EMS over the ecu flash stuff, but I've also been tuning AEM for almost 6 years now and ecu flash for only this past year.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by evil_eagle
There are definitely some gains to be had with the EMS. One being the MAF is removed as it is a restriction.
It really all depends how well you can tune using the AEM EMS. The AEM is a VERY powerful system but is not for the faint of heart either. If you know how to tune an AEM then yes, you could pick up that time you are wanting out of the car using the AEM.

I've seen gains going to an AEM EMS anywhere from 30whp up towards 65whp using the stock turbo without changing setups other then the EMS, but I have also seen people loose allot of power too cause the lack of tuning knowledge with the EMS. Again, it all depends how well you can tune with it.

Me personally I think I can make more power using an AEM EMS over the ecu flash stuff, but I've also been tuning AEM for almost 6 years now and ecu flash for only this past year.
I would agree... We have seen gains every time we jump over to a AEM EMS. You have more control with the AEM EMS. If you know how to extract the extra power the AEM will allow you to do so.

Jason
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Jason... did you previously work at TF?
Old Jun 18, 2009, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Def agree with above. You get such a more precise tune.