Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

Car won't start. Need someone to read my AEM

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2010, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car won't start. Need someone to read my AEM

Hi guys,

My car won't start and my stock ECU isn't throwing any codes. We've checked everything and still no start so it has to be a sensor/electrical issue. I need someone to connect to my AEM and see if they can see anything wrong and make sure I'm getting normal signals from all of the sensors. I'm in the socal area and will reimburse you for your time. Thanks

fred
Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Does the car start on the stock ECU?

For the aem unit you might want to put a description as to what is going on. I would upload the startup map and scale the injectors and see if it start.

Download the newest maps from the aemforums.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

No car doesn't start period.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RSGuy
Hi guys,

My car won't start and my stock ECU isn't throwing any codes. We've checked everything and still no start so it has to be a sensor/electrical issue. I need someone to connect to my AEM and see if they can see anything wrong and make sure I'm getting normal signals from all of the sensors. I'm in the socal area and will reimburse you for your time. Thanks

fred
Do you have the ability to connect to the AEM, meaning you have a laptop, cable and software setup? If you do. Hook it all up, turn the key to the ON position, open up AemPro then go to "engine start" and then select "engine start" again from the drop down menu. A few windows should open up, one of them will say "Parameters" in that window it will say things like, engine speed, engine load, o2#1, etc. One of them should say "Stat Sync'd" if you dont see that, just below where it says "Parameters" it will say "locked" click that to unlock it, then go to the first blank line in the window, click the blank line to open the drop down, then find "Stat Sync'd", try starting the car, when you try starting the car, the stat sync should go from OFF to ON. If it does, your crank and cam sensors are working right, if it doesnt do anything, one of the sensors is unplugged, bad, or has a bad connection.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 12:57 AM
mnf

check your crank sensor & cam sensor