Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

Certification!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2003, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Certification!!!!!

Look what i got today
Attached Thumbnails Certification!!!!!-aem-cert.jpg  
Old Dec 17, 2003, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats. How much did it cost you? Id like to get certified myself. How much tuning experience do you have overall?
Old Dec 17, 2003, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Thats really interesting. I've been wanting to learn on EMS tuning and mastering that whole area. Where do you go learn those kind of things?
Old Dec 17, 2003, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

I believe you have to be associated with an authoriezed AEM tuner shop, or something like that. It is not open to the general public to come in off of the street.

The class is free to take, but the class is only offered in Cali. You have to pay for your flight out there and your lodging and expenses. It is a 2 day class starting on Thursday and ending on Friday. The 1st day is in a classroom setting learning the EMS unit, the 2nd day they put you in the shop and give you a car to tune and you make a map. There is a total of about 7 to 8 people in a class I think. I know a new class is taught each month but I don't know if it is every other week or what, don't have a schedule.

gldenchld, if you have any more input that would be great. Plus, I got most of this info. from the AEM site so if anything is wrong please correct me.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by kcevo
I believe you have to be associated with an authoriezed AEM tuner shop, or something like that. It is not open to the general public to come in off of the street.

The class is free to take, but the class is only offered in Cali. You have to pay for your flight out there and your lodging and expenses. It is a 2 day class starting on Thursday and ending on Friday. The 1st day is in a classroom setting learning the EMS unit, the 2nd day they put you in the shop and give you a car to tune and you make a map. There is a total of about 7 to 8 people in a class I think. I know a new class is taught each month but I don't know if it is every other week or what, don't have a schedule.

gldenchld, if you have any more input that would be great. Plus, I got most of this info. from the AEM site so if anything is wrong please correct me.
You hit the nail on the head. But the 2nd day is half class half tune on the dyno.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

I live in cali. Where might this class be @?