Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

!!!!Help!!!! Weird issue with TPS/MAP

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2011, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question !!!!Help!!!! Weird issue with TPS/MAP

I got a AEM EMS 30-1313. I'm running a 5 bar map sensor and a stock TPS on a 75mm Boomba TB.

The issue is the engine load is raising when I hit the throttle. For instance at 10% throttle I so 0 psi and at 20% throttle it shows around 10 psi. And the car is off! Help!

Ideas?

So far I have checked the wires up to where they coverge over the trans, under the battery. And I sent the ECU to AEM and they said it checked out. And I replaced both sensors.

Please let me know if you can think of anything

Thanks,
Aaron
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
MAP sensor:

-- red from AEM sensor goes to grey from MDP sensor on top of manifold = 12v power
-- black from AEM sensor goes to black from MDP sensor = ground
-- white or green from AEM sensor (they now have a white wire but the instructions mention green) goes to yellow from the MDP sensor = signal

AIT sensor:

-- black wire from the maf plug and the red/blue wire from the maf plug are for the ait sensor. polarity does not matter, but if you have a white wire for the pigtail that is power and black is ground. You would hook black from the pigtail to the black wire from the maf sensor and the white wire from the pigtail will go to the red/blue wire from the maf sensor

Boost solenoid:

-- red/yellow wire is the 12v switched ignition power and the light green wire is the switched ground wire. Wire the positive side of the solenoid to the red/yellow wire and the ground side to the light green wire.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this while running or not running?

Sounds like your getting voltage feedback going from the TPS into the MAP sensor thus causing bad reading. Check your wiring harness and make sure everything is wired correctly like MIL.SPEC put.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 12:58 AM
Evolving Member

A few people have identified the culprit I think. The ecu is going into what is called tps safe mode. This is caused from a voltage that is above or below the min and max voltages. When the ecu senses this it doesn't take the voltage seriously and reverts to a tps to load graph that is programed into the startup cal.
We think it is a bad ground because I got a solid 4.8 volts to the power wire and. No power at all coming through th signal wire.
Anyway thanks for the help and I will keep you updated to the progress.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

I had one do that once and i believe i fixed it in the CAL.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Problem is fixed. The map sensor reference wire was broke righ at the plug. When the AMS VSR intake got installed the map sensor was put directly and when you hit a bump or a high torque was applied to wheels the map would rub on the firewall. I got a new plug and will be driving my car for the first time in a year. Can't wait.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Nice!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

this happened to me also a while back. The pigtail from AEM for the map sensor was the culprit. And it was brand new. One of the pins was loose. I re-crimped it and plugged it back into the map sensor and bam, it was fixed. And yes the aem basically went into a safe mode using the TPS as a reference since it couldnt get feedback from the map sensor. You can tell because the car is OFF and when you hit the gas pedal the load on your fuel/ign maps will max boost, lol
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Exactly. Putting the car back together today and tomorrow. Can't wait to beat on the old girl this weekend. Roadtrip through Glacier Park. Tourists love a really loud car with 3.5" exhaust! Lol
Old Sep 23, 2011, 12:56 PM

that is definitely map sensor related.