Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

AEM EMS with Zeitronix ZT-2

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM EMS with Zeitronix ZT-2

I have an AEM EMS Series 1 and Zeintronix ZT-2 waiting to be installed on my Evo VIII. I know that the ZT-2 can show boost, AFR, etc. but does it require it's own independent sensors or can it be hooked into the AEM EMS and pull that data?

Thanks for your help!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

The Series I EMS can only output a serial datastream so I doubt the ZT2 will be able to accept that data. The ZT2 should have its own wideband sensor. You can then hook that output to the EMS. If you have a 1313U EMS, you have to hook it into the O2#2 input. What are you using for an O2 sensor/WB gauge with your EMS currently?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 99EclipseGSX
The Series I EMS can only output a serial datastream so I doubt the ZT2 will be able to accept that data. The ZT2 should have its own wideband sensor. You can then hook that output to the EMS. If you have a 1313U EMS, you have to hook it into the O2#2 input. What are you using for an O2 sensor/WB gauge with your EMS currently?
Thanks for the feedback! These parts aren't installed yet. The plan is to use the ZT we'd and O2 sensor and "feed" the data to the EMS. I was curious if the EMS could feed data back to the ZT (such as boost) but from what I am hearing I will need an independent boost sensor for ZT. Oh well. I'd go with the aem serial gauge but am done with the whole gauge thing.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

I have a series 2 on my 9, with the aem gauges. I want to hook my zt-2 up to my aem so it can read peak values for afr, boost, and other things on my gauge, but I want it to communicate with the aem. I am tired of watching a digital boost gauge when I am running my car and trying to watch that and my afr's to see that they are in the target range. With the zt-2 it has a peak function, if you do a 3rd gear pull, it will hold you peak for boost, afr oil pressure and other things. So how do I hook this up to work with my aem? Can I use the aem sensor's or do I need to use my zeitronix sensors as well?
Old Mar 6, 2013, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 17579EVO9MR
I have a series 2 on my 9, with the aem gauges. I want to hook my zt-2 up to my aem so it can read peak values for afr, boost, and other things on my gauge, but I want it to communicate with the aem. I am tired of watching a digital boost gauge when I am running my car and trying to watch that and my afr's to see that they are in the target range. With the zt-2 it has a peak function, if you do a 3rd gear pull, it will hold you peak for boost, afr oil pressure and other things. So how do I hook this up to work with my aem? Can I use the aem sensor's or do I need to use my zeitronix sensors as well?
Just hook the ZT2 0-5v wideband analog output into the EMS's O2#1 input . Then, take PC logs in AEMTuner if you want to capture data during a pull. Looking at the peak boost on your Zeitronix is pretty useless peak boost recorded electronically tends to be artificially high due to noise/pressure pulses in the manifold and is not a good representation of the actual boost curve.

Beau
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

So these high noises, pressures etc.. will cause it to read inaccurate? I just like the idea of after doing a pull or whatever, you can see the peak boost, afr, oil pressure and what not. I find it nice because when your controlling a 700 whp evo, you cant be taking your eyes off the road to be seeing how much psi your running all the time. So for that being said is this still a bad idea soley for that purpose?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

I understand what you're saying, of course you can't be staring at the gauges during a pull. That's the whole point of taking a datalog with the EMS, and it's just superior to viewing the "peak" values in every way possible. You can see the entire boost curve vs RPM which is much more useful than logging the instantaneous max value that it hit.