Notices
AEM EMS Get tuning help for your AEM EMS system.

Shady things from Eurospeed....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2004, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mdzuricky77
No kidding Captain Obvious, but when you want to go back to stock that customer needed a new O2 sensor that was kept and also was not informed about the Safc being snipped. Butting in to something you know nada about.

Maybe if you read my past post slow this time you'll see that I mentioned al of this once already, but for you I'll write it out again.

maybe you shouldnt talk about something you know nothing about. the customer was fully informed about the o2 sensor and we did NOT touch the safc wiring as requested by the customer. we asked him if he would like it removed and he said not worry about it, so we just set it all to zero correction.
Old Jul 4, 2004, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

One thing that I do know is that the EMS that was sold to Gonz was more than used. Plenty of people have seen it now and there is no way that unit was new at all. Another thing that I know is that when I took my car to your shop you guys seemed to do a good job on my car because I knew nothing at the time. Still to this day I think that You, Jay and Steph are all very nice people. My car, however, along with Gonz's, left your shop running very lean. That explains the great gas-mileage. I'm not blaming you because you don't know, but here's the deal. The built-in wideband is not correctly calibrated so it reads improperly which explains all the detonation I was experiencing when I got home. It's not the weather, it's not the Georgia fuel. If you use a FJO wideband than you will get accurate tuning. Supposedly the updated software fixes this problem and a few others. I did not know you kept my O2 sensor. At the time I didn't know what it was. I'm not worried about it but looking back you didn't spend that much time tuning my car. I was satisfied and I called you over and over and you tried to help me best you could. The fact was however that my car was running terrible and very lean. Like I saidthough I'm not blaming you though. Gonz doesn't know everything, but you charged us both 400 bucks each with little time spent on the cars and used basically the same map. I don't know if that's very fair. I went to BOOST SOLUTIONS to get a second opinion and George started from scratch and charged me 50 dollars. Needless to say he made my car run smoother than ever. There was a lot wrong with the tuning. If you don't believe me call him. My car has come a long way now and hopefully tuners like yourself and George can get together and share ideas. When I jumped on this post it was to get folks off of Gonz's back. The same comments were being posted by the same person multiple times. I don't have a problem with you guys and I hope the feeling is mutual.

Matt
Old Jul 21, 2004, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Boost Solutions is now using the updated software and is having great results. Now the built in wideband is working with the software. Gonz's unit was repaired is is running fine in Dougs's car. The new two-step is allowing 15lbs of boost off the line. If you set the rev-limiter at 4500 the car rips nice and smooth without breaking loose.

Matt