Notices

Anyone Else Live In Okinawa?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be Green changed it's name to Double Mint and it's still packed with Wannabe gangsta and skeecher wearing hoochies!
Old Nov 9, 2006, 09:24 AM

Double Mint? Whut the.. They still got the all you can drink setup going on weekends?
Old Nov 9, 2006, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used to DJay at Xenon's which changed its name to Pink Cadillac then back to Xenon.

My buddy DJ Hi-Five still lives there...

I noticed all the cameras in the streets now... so im guessing the sunday night BIG races off "58" is a no go now.

What about a place called Takiyama... still have the tougue (spelt wrong) runs up and down the hill/ mountain

Do they still drift by the airport past Naha?

Let me know if you can get me two Autobachs stickers...pm me a price
Old Nov 9, 2006, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Most of the clubs in Okinawa have some type of all-you-can-drink setup. The drinks at Be Greens were too watered down or tasted like *** so I usually buy beer or drink Awamori while watching people get stupid from the VIP booth.

Xenon's is strip jointed called Chi Chi's now.

They still race on 58 but it's done on the straight section in Mizugama near Kadena Marina.

People still wreck their cars while zipping up and down Takayama.

Drifting at Senaga Jima is pretty much dead. They shut down access to the hilltop during the G-8 Summit in '00.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 04:21 AM

Hey i'm here in OKI right now. Me and my bud just picked up the Skyline R32/33 GTR. We're looking twist and turn place to run out car. holla at me. i'm at torii
Old Dec 26, 2006, 04:40 AM
msp

Didn't they use to have a place to race over by the Glass Blowing park where they had the bull fights, or wanabee bull fights? I forgot what it was called. I use to stay in Naha City, down the street from Tower Records. I forgot the name of it. I would never take a car to OkI. The salt water destroyed everything it touched there. An example of salt water destruction, look at the water park up north. 90% of the rides were rusted out, and the zoo in Kadena, the rides there looked ruff, but the food was good, and people were great during my 4yr total stay.
Old Dec 26, 2006, 04:46 AM
msp

Lastly, buy a radar detector if your going to be there. Either get one before you go, if customs has nothing to say about it, or buy one at the autobacks at the toys r us shopping mall out gate 1 at kadena, otherwise u'll be sorry. The cheapest place I found was out Gate 5 at kadena. When that gate is open, head straight and there was a grocery store that sold autoparts on the 1st floor. there, they have the radar detector in the rear view mirror. Those were pretty stealth, since I think they're illegal there, but whatever. 2cents...
Old Mar 18, 2008, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Bringing back an old thread...how much do skylines go for over there? I'll be making my way over soon.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 04:09 AM

Hi all

I am looking at getting a GS job over there in Okinawa so my wife can get back with her family after 15 years , I am thinking of bringing my TB 2003 Evo with me. Also looking to pick up one there if posible. I would like to know if there are any good shops there that can tune an Evo.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by 93DC2
wasabi!

Broke, aka 93DC2, aka 93DC2-t, aka BILL in da hizzay! heh, i recognize a few names here from the Zeroyon forum too, sweet! i usually go with the Broke monicker, but looks like some lucky debbil made off with the name i usually use...heh the one that discribes me the best in all aspects. broke car...broke bank account...broke body... i need counseling...

i currently live in Yomitan, Okinawa and drive my silly blue boosted Integra, but will be soon swapping all my trash into my AWD Integra. ...er FR Integra. ...er, well i haven't decided yet whether to keep it AWD or force it into FR status.

i'm here, cuz i'm about to ask in a new thread if anyone knows where to find the Japanese commercial that's got the Evo 7 going sideways along a gray cliff-face. i think i remember the CM like back in maybe 2002? or whenever the Evo 7 was brand new.

Yoroshiku!
You are still alive I am guessing?

Originally Posted by talentsearch301
I used to DJay at Xenon's which changed its name to Pink Cadillac then back to Xenon.
I still think it should've been called Black Cadillac.

Originally Posted by msp
Lastly, buy a radar detector if your going to be there. Either get one before you go, if customs has nothing to say about it, or buy one at the autobacks at the toys r us shopping mall out gate 1 at kadena, otherwise u'll be sorry. The cheapest place I found was out Gate 5 at kadena. When that gate is open, head straight and there was a grocery store that sold autoparts on the 1st floor. there, they have the radar detector in the rear view mirror. Those were pretty stealth, since I think they're illegal there, but whatever. 2cents...
What? The cops don't still drive around with there lights on anymore. I had a radar detector for about two months. It pissed me off because it was always going off especially on 58 all the damn automatic doors at the convenience stores. Lived there for 8 years and never got a ticket. The biggest thing to worry about is that overzealous Captain who is going to put in a Traffic violation report on you because you drive a "Y" plate and radar won't help that at all.

Those mirrors were pretty cool though. Correct me if I am wrong but the name of the shopping center was Navel Kadena. They have an Autobacs there?

Last edited by Shimanchu; Apr 23, 2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

yup
Old Oct 13, 2008, 01:51 AM
Evolved Member

What up Okinawa peeps?
Old Apr 24, 2009, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Bump.