Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm thai
Old Aug 5, 2007, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jaydm73
i'm thai
hey wassup? have you been to Thailand lately?

Last edited by Blue Evo 8; Aug 5, 2007 at 05:17 AM.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 05:21 AM
Account Disabled

I just got back from Thailand. Beautify place. I saw quite a bit of Evo II-IV's.
The IV is my personal favorite.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sky Evo X
I just got back from Thailand. Beautify place. I saw quite a bit of Evo II-IV's.
The IV is my personal favorite.
Yeah, I saw the same when I was there.... and Thailand sure is a beautiful and exotic place to go too....
Old Aug 5, 2007, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up In Bangkok... the land of smiles

Hi all,

Currently in Bangkok... stationed here with the U.S. Air Force working with the Royal Thai Air Force. As far as I know, I have the only Evo IX (US spec or other) in Thailand. I've been to the HKS shop in Bangpe, just oil change and new spark plugs. According to the HKS shop owner, there is about a 300% tax to buy a new Evo here. Thus, the reason most people here are not going to buy one in Thailand. I could be wrong about having the only Evo IX in Thailand. Please correct me if you know otherwise... I'd love to know.

I am moving to L.A. (Los Angeles Air Force Base), which is close to LAX in a couple months... I'd love to meet any Thai in the L.A. area that are into Evo's. I do speak Thai. I heard there are many Thai in the North Hollywood area... right?

Anyone recommend a good shop in L.A.? I heard Gruppe-S does good work. Before moving to BKK, I was living Monterey, CA learning Thai for a year. I had some mods done at Speed Element in Fremont, CA... great shop and I miss spending my weekends and money there.

Sawadee krap,

Jay

Last edited by churchja; Aug 5, 2007 at 06:25 AM.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by churchja
Hi all,

Currently in Bangkok... stationed here with the U.S. Air Force working with the Royal Thai Air Force. As far as I know, I have the only Evo IX (US spec or other) in Thailand. I've been to the HKS shop in Bangpe, just oil change and new spark plugs. According to the HKS shop owner, there is about a 300% tax to buy a new Evo here. Thus, the reason most people here are not going to buy one in Thailand. I could be wrong about having the only Evo IX in Thailand. Please correct me if you know otherwise... I'd love to know.

I am moving to L.A. (Los Angeles Air Force Base), which is close to LAX in a couple months... I'd love to meet any Thai in the L.A. area that are into Evo's. I do speak Thai. I heard there are many Thai in the North Hollywood area... right?

Anyone recommend a good shop in L.A.? I heard Gruppe-S does good work. Before moving to BKK, I was living Monterey, CA learning Thai for a year. I had some mods done at Speed Element in Fremont, CA... great shop and I miss spending my weekends and money there.

Sawadee krap,

Jay
Hey jay,

Thanks for posting up in my thread, whats impressive too is that you can speak Thai also....

I have relatives serving in the Thai army now and they do tell me that a few times a year they train along side the US ARMY etc....

Whats the nature of your duties there with the Thai airforce? Is their air force modern?

As for as the import taxes go, yes they are rediculously expensive there on all high end cars... what a rip off, the govt is kinda corrupt IMHO....
Old Aug 5, 2007, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
hey wassup? have you been to Thailand lately?

nah haven't had time to go back recently
Old Aug 5, 2007, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by churchja
Hi all,

Sawadee krap,

Jay

theres many shops you can choose from in L.A area. MFQ motorsports, RRE, tuning tech for tuning, installing and parts. srt, 500whp for parts and installation just to name a few

edit: 500whp only sell parts no installation
Old Sep 26, 2007, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in thailand half the year working but my evo is in baltimore. I seen 2 evo IX around my area in pattaya. but yeah taxes suck on evo's and it kinda sucks when a VIP car is the Toyota Camry. and I am sick of seeing toyota riced out in Thailand. I am vietnamese/america but living in thailand and working here for the past 3 years I can speak enough thai to get by and communicate with the locals.

Last edited by Top_End_EVO; Sep 26, 2007 at 10:30 AM.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Top_End_EVO
I'm in thailand half the year working but my evo is in baltimore. I seen 2 evo IX around my area in pattaya. but yeah taxes suck on evo's and it kinda sucks when a VIP car is the Toyota Camry. and I am sick of seeing toyota riced out in Thailand. I am vietnamese/america but living in thailand and working here for the past 3 years I can speak enough thai to get by and communicate with the locals.
thats really cool, were those evo 9's modded?

and yes people over there go kinda overboard ricing their cars out....

Quick Reply: Thai EVO owner directory