Notices

Need suggestions on vehicle export (Taiwan)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2009, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need suggestions on vehicle export (Taiwan)

Hi guys, well I am an international student here in the US and in about a year I will be moving back to Asia (Taiwan). I would like to take my X with me when I leave and was just wondering if any of you have experience with exporting private vehicles. Any good service providers out there? Also some things to watch out for? Any help will be greatly appriciated! Thank you in advance!
Old Mar 20, 2009, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

umm.. i just did a little research to bring your car back to taiwan. the cost is probably going to be a lot.. you have to pay around 30 thousand dollars on taxes + emission test+shipping, which is about 2k each time (if you fail you have to do it again and another 2000 dollars). The procedure takes a long time and very costly. Good luck

Last edited by iamblue03; Mar 20, 2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

Most countries have huge tax for importing your own vehicle. Not sure about Taiwan. I think it might be better to sell your ride & get a new one in Taiwan.

Or you could just stay in the US. Everyone love America right
Old Mar 20, 2009, 11:26 PM

you are definitely going to get raped in taxes bringing it over there.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 11:51 PM
Evolving Member

YES, the tax is HUUUGE. Think about it, imported cars in asia (china singapore, taiwan, indonesia, vietnam etc) got heavy taxes, the final sales price can be 100% more than the price here in united states. good luck on importing it back, in my opinion it's not worth it at all.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

You will be taxed either when you buy a brand new one in Taiwan or import your existing one. I don't know much about importing into Taiwan, but when you import a used car into Hong Kong, the amount of tax you pay is considerably less than buying a brand new one.

Therefore, importing a used car into Hong Kong ends up being cheaper than buying a brand new one in HK. Transportation costs might add up though.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 12:03 AM
Evolving Member

there are a few companies that can do everything for you (ship, delcare customs at both sides, emission, plates, etc). I forgot the names..try google search or I'll ask my friend tonight when I get off work and let you know. Of course, like everyone else said, it's expensive but worth it or not is up to you. I heard Evo x will go on sale in Taiwan soon so maybe you can consider buying it there. China is selling them for around 480,000rmb (about 2.4million twd) so expect it to be over 2mill twd. Few of my friends have shipped their whips to Taiwan and all got legit plates to drive it. It's not that hard and could all be done pretty fast if everything falls through ok (PAY them!!).
Old Apr 9, 2009, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

I did some google research and found some companies. But I dont know who to trust and who not to... Can you please ask your friends for me? That would help me a lot! Thank you so much!
Old May 13, 2009, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

http://cs-motor.myweb.hinet.net/

Give them a call.....they can cover everything for you, including emission test.
Not sure if you can pass your evo x.
From what I heard, a bone stock VW Beetle wouldn't pass the test.
Anyway, call and see if those guys can help you out!