Notices

Mitsubishi RVR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2003, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi RVR

Has anyone heard of a Mitsubishi RVR. My mate who used to own a GSR just bought one. They are similar in appearance to a Daihatsu Feroza, and I don't know what spec his is but it actually has EVO motor and 4 wheel running gear. I watched him race his mates Skyline R33 GTST which has front mount, filter and 3" exhaust with a best run of about 13.9s, and the RVR won convincingly! Move over GT Forrester!

Anyone know any specs on this deadly Newbie? All I could find was For-Sale ads which didn't tell jack.
Old Jan 18, 2003, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/d...tml/runner.htm

here's a link I found about this car. Is this what you mean?
doesn't seem like a race car to me.
Old Jan 18, 2003, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

another link

http://www.xspeed.com.au/ssports.asp?make=mitsubishi

there are special versions of the RVR with EVO III engines and AWD in them but this is pretty much what I could find. I doubt this thing can beat a skyline.
Old Jan 18, 2003, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

here are some pics if that is what you mean

Old Jan 18, 2003, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

I don't know if it is modded or what, cause I didn't get much chance to talk to him, but knowing him it probably is. It has a pretty aggressive front bar with a highly visible front mount. (same as above pics, although the bar stands out more on a white car)

As for beatin a Skyline, theres a GT Forrester in town that runs mid 13s and I can imagine the RVR has much better motor then a scummy old rex motor from standard, so I don't think it should be too hard to believe.

Last edited by Sandman; Jan 18, 2003 at 09:06 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2003, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

wow..when i was in japan i only thought of these cars as "another Kei-class car" and the R is backwards
-Bob
Old Jan 19, 2003, 03:16 AM
Evolving Member

Please don't tell me that the guy with the Green 95' GSR sold his car That thing is one sweet ride.
That Forrester has 198kw and the engine is similar to a 22B not to metion the big **** twin Pioneer Subs in the back.
I am pretty sure they sell for around $20 000, but probably will be no more becuase of March or May, can't remember they will no longer be importing 4WD's or any type of commercial. Aswell as any car with any mod. what so ever, will not be imported.

Cheers
Old Jan 20, 2003, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah he's the gut who used to own the GSR (with the EVO5 kitted one, not the dick who broke it).
It's just a stroker kit in the Forrester I'm pretty sure, rather then beenin anythin like a 22B which is like way better then an regular STi which puts out 206kw?.
And when they say 4WD and commercials, I'm pretty sure they mean 4WD like Hilux Surfs, 'n stuff like that, not AWD. U wouldn't really class that as an off-road vehicle.
Old Jan 20, 2003, 04:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Sandman
Yeah he's the gut who used to own the GSR (with the EVO5 kitted one, not the dick who broke it).
The green one had a EVO 3 Bodykit.
When you say broke it, do you mean, big bada boom That'll be why i haven't seen it in a while.
They start at around $13 000 adn go up to around $20 000.

Cheers
Old Jan 20, 2003, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Sandman
It's just a stroker kit in the Forrester I'm pretty sure, rather then beenin anythin like a 22B which is like way better then an regular STi which puts out 206kw?.
Do you have the magazine. I read it in the mag at the Newsagency and I was going to buy it but then remembered that next month Fast Fours will put their articles on line. I am pretty sure it wasn't stroked. A guy in N.Z stroked his WRX and got over 505hp at the flywheel. Also, that guy who owns the Forrester is suppose to have a special car licence. I forgot what it is called but bascially he could go off adn race in the V8 Supercars.

Cheers
Old Jan 20, 2003, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

That forester was in last months fast fours !

13.3 second forester

our local importer in town sells those RVR's, but he is a total dick who doesnt believ that anyone unbder the age of 28 can own a high quality car, i guess thats why everyones going to perth..
Old Jan 21, 2003, 12:42 AM
Evolving Member

No not Evo 5 kit on GSR... he owned the GSR, and a 99 GLXi wit Evo 5 kit at the same time (the Gunmetal Grey one.) Then he sold them both, to their current owners. Now the dude wit the 99 is tryin to sell, and the guy who bought the GSR broke it "big bada boom " by means of timing chain/belt (whicheva) breakin at REDLINE in second... "big bada boom ". This was ensued by a 3mnth rebuild. Dunno where it is now.

As for the Forrester, that was jus what I heard around the traps, but that 505hp WRX musta had lots more don cause an extra 200cc sure as F*#k don't = 250 odd hp.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

O.K, now that clears it all up.

Cheers