Notices

Australian EVO IX Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2005, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robertr
With all due respect, don't go to war on account of what your mate tells you. Your mate doesn't know much in other words.

RE PRICE: The price of the IX will be at the same price of the VIII and to show you how close the release is, dealers are having a track day very soon in preparation for the release. Soon = within 30 days!!!

I will be stuffed if I'm not going to that ... where ever in NSW or SA it is being held.

Anyhow we now have 3 in the group buy and to answer the other poster, the benefits are to try and get a better price. No dealer in his right mind will want to risk losing this business to another dealer. Basicall we are going in with a MUCH MORE professional approach and the dealer then does not hold ALL the cards. If I/we can organise 5 buyers I guarantee no one will beat the price we get for many many months.

This is just the best way to approach the dealers and make them work for our business.

That's the plan and the dooms dayers will be only be those that cannot afford one or have some other excuse why not to buy. I wont be phased by them all the same.

So, those that are keen please let me know and I will introduce you to the others.

Cheers

RR
Are you stupid? My friend works at mitsubishi. I think he knows his cars. The evo 8's are still in sale. There are 2 left. Evo 9's will be sold for 70 thousand dollars ( on the road). If your going to spend 70 thousand dollars on a evo go for it. Think about it, your paying 70,000 on a mitsubishi. I don't think that's good value for money. If you can grab a evo 9 for 60 thousand dollars on the road, which i believe that it will never happen, go for it. It's your money, your choice. By the way, for the people that thinks the car will be limited, it's not going to be. It's going to be mass produced.

Last edited by mpower_m3; Aug 7, 2005 at 01:12 AM.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 02:17 AM

wanna bet

Originally Posted by mpower_m3
Are you stupid? My friend works at mitsubishi. I think he knows his cars. The evo 8's are still in sale. There are 2 left. Evo 9's will be sold for 70 thousand dollars ( on the road). If your going to spend 70 thousand dollars on a evo go for it. Think about it, your paying 70,000 on a mitsubishi. I don't think that's good value for money. If you can grab a evo 9 for 60 thousand dollars on the road, which i believe that it will never happen, go for it. It's your money, your choice. By the way, for the people that thinks the car will be limited, it's not going to be. It's going to be mass produced.
i bet you london to a brick that when the IX comes out EVO VIII will be reduced in price by several thousand of dollars. In my opinion, Mitsubishi cannot afford to delay the release of the IX because of a few unsold VIII's

wanna bet? Let's say a "you were right" post here on evolution.net. Then we can see who is stupid
Old Aug 8, 2005, 04:05 AM

i bet you london to a brick that when the IX comes out EVO VIII will be reduced in price by several thousand of dollars. In my opinion, Mitsubishi cannot afford to delay the release of the IX because of a few unsold VIII's

wanna bet? Let's say a "you were right" post here on evolution.net. Then we can see who is stupid
Buddy, so far your acting stupid because im the one whos calling mitsubishi and getting details. Not you. The thing that you can't see is that, 2 evo 8's were left in STOCK. They might decrease the price on those last pair because evo 8's are going to be soon replaced with 9. Do you think that mitsu would wait to get their evo 8's sold. Ofcourse no. Prices are only going to affect the last pair of evo 8's and thats only by a few grand. When evo 9 comes out with a 70000 on the road tag, dont come up here and say im dissapointed by the price of the evo 9.
Old Aug 14, 2005, 07:46 AM

Robert reading this thread was hilarious I still cant stop laughing.

M power you must be getting your info from the WIGGLES, the worst of it is you must be one of the banana's in pyjama's. you and your mate DONT KNOW **** I suggest you be quiet now for if you continue you will continue to make a banana of your self.

Robert is correct with the info he is providing, the IX is to be released around late September 2005 and will be around $60,000 + orc.

I am the second person involved with this group buy and it is possible we may have already reached 4 people buying the IX in this scheme so all that are interested and don't need to ask mum can contact us for more info.

Regards

Resat
Old Aug 16, 2005, 02:47 AM

Talking

Well I think both of you are right.. Having bought an evo8 for 62k last year it cost in total to get it on the road was about 75k...This is due to LUXURY TAX on the car because it is over 56k !!!! Pretty much you pay all your stamp duty etc then the government slaps a percentage on that total.

Also I got some info from a business associate in Japan and what he found was the 9 maybe 100 production run at the moment as Ralliart in Japan still make most of the evo9 by hand because of the aluminum components so they are having trouble with demand as Japan and the UK recieve their cars first and are selling quite a few.

Just some insight
Old Aug 16, 2005, 05:36 AM

Gazza

I think that some of your info is slightly incorrect, I think there will be more than 100 in Oz and the Alluminium roof is not made by hand but manufactured by automated machinery in a world first design as displayed on BMI 14 I think. Though I have been informed by a number of reliable sources that most of the running gear is hand made and the evolution is manufactured on a production line solely devoted to the Evolution.

Regards

Resat
Old Aug 17, 2005, 01:34 AM

Yes the roof is made by a machine but have you ever tried welding aluminum to Steel ??? It does not really work that well if at all, so therefore they glue it on and also join it with studs/ pop rivets.. Its this process that takes along time due to crash testing standards.. You don't really want the car to fall apart around you. The evo 8 was totally built on a production line but the MRs were only half made on the line. Yes it is on one of those DVD and think they talk about this process aswell. This may have changed from last month as I talked to my friend Jan Shim from Team BPM Brunei in Japan who found out through his friend Sosumu Koyama from JUN (JUN's vice President)... So it could be wrong... my japanese to english is a weak at times..

Also yes they may bring more in but Australia is fourth on the list when in comes to getting the car. Japan, England and America don't have a number limit and they are a higher priority market for Mitsubishi compared to OZ. So it may take time eg 100 this year then 100 next year etc

Also rang Mitsubishi hotline and they said it will be the same price as the evo 8 if intellitrac is installed but this hasn't been confirmed yet. If it has not got intellitrac look at about 3k less because you have no security system... so insurance will go up.. but it will be the same price as a STI but will cost more to insure.. Being 24yrs old when I bought mine was hard enough to insure, so I hope they put intellitrac in the evo9..

Last edited by Gazzza; Aug 17, 2005 at 01:40 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 09:29 AM

News to date.

Evo IX is not $70K. It is $61K on the road rec retail.

We in the group buy, and there are now 5 of us, are getting several thousand dollars off the rec retail price.

Since the delivery date will be 18th of Sept and some dealers will have a demo for 18th we would like to be ready for the buy by at least that date.

... and we are still looking for more buyers for the group buy. One dealer has said if we can get more than 5 he will do the car for near cost (plus full tilt on the options and accessories. ie $3700 for performance pack)

So far that means that the group buy has done better than our expectations ... if the dealer is keen.

So please drop me an email or sms me your contacts number and show your interest so I can let you know the latest info when we get it.

RGDS
RR
0412 304030
Old Aug 27, 2005, 04:50 PM

Yep Robs Right and GAZZZA's wrong.. good price and gets mitsubishis version of intellitrac ..... so insurance will be kept low
Old Aug 27, 2005, 10:23 PM

http://mellor.carsales.com.au/mellor/enews.nsf/edition/B3168795A09EFB23CA257066003108B0/$file/GoAuto_enews301.pdf

EVO IX will start @ $56 789 when released
$3700 for the Performance Pack
$300 for certain paints

Release date looks to be Mid September.

If it was released next year i would be in on the Group Buy, but looks like ill miss out when i have the money However ill buy one.

I have been following this thread for a while btw.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Gazzza
... good price and gets mitsubishis version of intellitrac ..... so insurance will be kept low

We are also trying to get the best price on insurance too. I will let that be known when we secure things .

thanks
RGDS
RR
Old Aug 27, 2005, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dr_Twist
,... If it was released next year i would be in on the Group Buy, but looks like ill miss out when i have the money However ill buy one.

I have been following this thread for a while btw.

Well you can do what others will do. That is, put a small holding deposit down with dealer and he/we will count you in on the group buy. Best of both worlds!!!

Cheers
RR
Old Aug 27, 2005, 11:15 PM

Well you can do what others will do. That is, put a small holding deposit down with dealer and he/we will count you in on the group buy. Best of both worlds!!!

Cheers
RR
Any idea how much we are talking here? and how long i can have a holding deposit for? as i wouldn't be able to official get one until start of next year.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Dr_Twist
Any idea how much we are talking here? and how long i can have a holding deposit for? as i wouldn't be able to official get one until start of next year.

Just a small amount Doc. Say $500.00.

I would just tell them to hold ithe deposit for Jan or Feb. I am sure they will be happy to have the sale any how. Just as long as they see the purchase along with all the others I am sure they wont complain.

RR
Old Aug 31, 2005, 12:17 AM

Hi guys,

Just a quick update on the group buy. We are now talking about a substantial discount on the drive away price for buying 5 x EVO IX's. The dealer choice is now down to 2 and i am waiting for this last one to get back to me.

The negotiation is for the std car purchased from a Sydney dealer.

If you want any options, this will be negotiated between you and the dealer so that you are sure of what you are ordering.

I think after we are 100% with what dealer we are going with I will ask you to contact them directly and you can work out the colour, the options and the deposit.

I hope we are soon ready for the commitment because it wont take long now.

Happy Evo-ing

PS. The moderators have asked that this be done through PM etc (and I respect that) so please PM, email or call me on 0412 304030 to confirm your interest.

Quick Reply: Australian EVO IX Group Buy