Notices

Australian EVO IX Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2005, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking using logic instead of frinds

Originally Posted by mpower_m3
Are you stupid? My friend works at mitsubishi. I think he knows his cars. The evo 8's are still in sale. There are 2 left. Evo 9's will be sold for 70 thousand dollars ( on the road). If your going to spend 70 thousand dollars on a evo go for it. Think about it, your paying 70,000 on a mitsubishi. I don't think that's good value for money. If you can grab a evo 9 for 60 thousand dollars on the road, which i believe that it will never happen, go for it. It's your money, your choice. By the way, for the people that thinks the car will be limited, it's not going to be. It's going to be mass produced.

did you tell your friend he doens't know SH*T ?
Old Sep 4, 2005, 04:48 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry if this is too OT but for you guys that are getting info, what happened to all the torque? It looks like the full 206kW (+ ) but still not as much torque as the VI? Is it going to have the new turbo too? That's suposed to be worth a few Nm.

Aston
Old Sep 4, 2005, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by astondg
Sorry if this is too OT but for you guys that are getting info, what happened to all the torque? It looks like the full 206kW (+ ) but still not as much torque as the VI? Is it going to have the new turbo too? That's suposed to be worth a few Nm.

Aston

hopefully, just as the KWS figure has been understated, i hope the torque has been as well.

It does have the new turbo housing and titanium alloy wheel.

What was the torque of the 6?
Old Sep 4, 2005, 04:58 AM
Evolving Member

I can't remember exactly but it was 370+Nm. The JDM IX is about 400 and with the magnesium turbo it's about 410. From what I have read the Australian IX will have about 355. Hopefully the Australian specs are underated like you said.

Aston
Old Sep 4, 2005, 05:09 AM
Evolved Member

let me get a 6 pack of FOSTERS
Old Sep 5, 2005, 01:47 AM

They still may have a different ecu tune as JDM cars run off 100 octane and different emissions.. This is why the STi's when they first arrived in 1998 ran rough and blew engines as the ecu's were not detuned for our fuel...But hopefully I'm wrong.. But even the JDM torque figure seems low as the new Sti punches out around 425Nm from its 2L
Old Sep 5, 2005, 02:55 AM
Evolving Member

We have the 98 now which isn't too far short and the Australian VI apparently had the same 370+ Nm as the JDM version. When those STIs were released the best we had was about 95 octane I think. I guess that could still be the problem though. Hopefully it is only the ECU tune, not a camshaft difference or something, and not hard to retune closer to the JDM spec.

The Evolution series used to always have more torque the the STI, I think that was partly a benefit of the engine type (inline Vs boxer) and also the 4G63s longer stroke. Now it seems Subaru is getting a bit more. 425Nm is about where Mitsubishi should have been if they had increased it like on all the previous Evolutions but the IX has the same 400Nm as the VIII MR (only about 6Nm more than the VIII) unless you get the new turbo which gives about another 10Nm. That is a lot for a 2L but I'm sure they could have gone just a bit further, well done to Subaru for getting there.

Aston
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

I just spoke to one of my buddies from Mitsubishi-motors in nunawading/melbourne. Evo 8 is still in sale. He said " im guessing the evo 9 will be released towards november 2005 or christmas. Coming to the price, evo 8's are $60,000 on the road at the moment. Evo 9's will be on sale around $70,000(on the road). he's guessing the evo 9 will be in production for about 1 year or maybe 1.5. He's going to get back to me when the evo 9's get released here or when he gets more info on it. I won't buy it till the end of next year. 70,000 is not cheap by the way. Gotta speak to parents about that one. Ohh by the way, no need for group buy + My wallet is screaming out for another 10 grand.
I'm sorry, but reading thru this entire thread has made me come to the conclusion that you are a fricking idiot. Honestly, you have no goddam idea what you are talking about and neither does your Mitsubishi mate.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Are you stupid? My friend works at mitsubishi. I think he knows his cars. The evo 8's are still in sale. There are 2 left. Evo 9's will be sold for 70 thousand dollars ( on the road). If your going to spend 70 thousand dollars on a evo go for it. Think about it, your paying 70,000 on a mitsubishi. I don't think that's good value for money. If you can grab a evo 9 for 60 thousand dollars on the road, which i believe that it will never happen, go for it. It's your money, your choice. By the way, for the people that thinks the car will be limited, it's not going to be. It's going to be mass produced.
Oh Jesus, you are a tool. there are still about 20 Evo VIII's left unsold, even at today's date. Want me to talk to my buddies and list the dealers that have Evo VIIIs on the showroom floor? How old are you?

You need to have a look at the Evo owners forum downunder:

www.evolutionoz.net. Go to the forum.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 05:31 AM

Hi all,
I am seriously looking to buy a EXO9 in black. I have a very good relationship with my dealer and found that they will have a demo unit in on the 15th of this month and that I have booked a test drive. They have also penciled in a black one without the bilstien option as I think they are stiff enough already. I was also told that if I put my money down on the 15th I will have my car either by the end of the month or by the first week of october. So the person saying it will be later is not correct, this has come from the dealer principal of a Ralliart approved dealership. He also flew to melbourne last month and got to thrash one around phillip island. I can also confirm the list price is $56789.00, but no fleet pricing. They will also NOT be limiting the numbers and hope to sell about 500 per year.
I plan to only get the roof cunards and the front splitters as the LCT will add to the price of the options by another 50%. I think some of the options are a bit too costly.
Does anyone know if the "Earthing Cables" are a worthy option ? It looks like spagetti in the engine bay.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by OzEVO_IX
Hi all,
I am seriously looking to buy a EXO9 in black. I have a very good relationship with my dealer and found that they will have a demo unit in on the 15th of this month and that I have booked a test drive. They have also penciled in a black one without the bilstien option as I think they are stiff enough already. I was also told that if I put my money down on the 15th I will have my car either by the end of the month or by the first week of october. So the person saying it will be later is not correct, this has come from the dealer principal of a Ralliart approved dealership. He also flew to melbourne last month and got to thrash one around phillip island. I can also confirm the list price is $56789.00, but no fleet pricing. They will also NOT be limiting the numbers and hope to sell about 500 per year.
I plan to only get the roof cunards and the front splitters as the LCT will add to the price of the options by another 50%. I think some of the options are a bit too costly.
Does anyone know if the "Earthing Cables" are a worthy option ? It looks like spagetti in the engine bay.
Hi OzEVO.

wanna bet the demo doesn't arrive? Mitsu having just postponed the delivery dates till end of month sometime as you know hoever I believe this will affect the demos too.

BTW, call Martin at National Capitol Motors Canberra and tell him you saw the group buy thing. Tell him you spoke to Robert. He did our group buy thing and saved us plenty.

My number is 0412 304030 if you want to get his number off me.

Cheers
RR
Old Sep 7, 2005, 07:25 AM

Dont know what the earthing cables do. Magic black box stuff me thinks. I know some are saying it allows for a better spark however I have a hard time believing car manufacturers get this wrong as all it needs is a good strap from engine to body to neg side of the battery.

Peter, do you have a better idea on the earthing cables?
Old Sep 7, 2005, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

OzEVO_IX you said you didn't want the Bilsteins because the car is already stiff enough but from what I read about the VIII MR that had them they actaully made the ride better. Or does the standard IX already have Bilsteins and these optional ones are a sport version or something?

Aston
Old Sep 7, 2005, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robertr
Peter, do you have a better idea on the earthing cables?
Nope. 'Mystery of the Universe' stuff, I don't have them.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by astondg
OzEVO_IX you said you didn't want the Bilsteins because the car is already stiff enough but from what I read about the VIII MR that had them they actaully made the ride better. Or does the standard IX already have Bilsteins and these optional ones are a sport version or something?

Aston

No. Stock is without Bilsteins. The performance pack adds Bilstein for a stiffer "track" type of ride.

I personally think for $3700 the Bilsteins and BBS rims are reasonally priced.

... if you like BBS rims

Quick Reply: Australian EVO IX Group Buy