Notices

Australian EVO IX Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2005, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Australian EVO IX Group Buy

Hi there,

I am trying to get a "group buy" happening in Australia. There are 2 of us at the moment that are purchasing 2 when they arrive and that will give us certain advantages when buying. However, the more Aussie's that put their hand up for one and make it a "team" effort, the better off we all will be.

Please let know if you are interested.

Thanks

Regards
Robert

Last edited by robertr; Aug 5, 2005 at 10:56 AM.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 07:29 AM

whats the retail on one of those babies?
Old Aug 2, 2005, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by reggin
whats the retail on one of those babies?

Around $60,000AUD plus on road
Old Aug 3, 2005, 02:03 AM

Im very interested. I would love a group buy as it will give us more chance to get what we want in a more comfortable way. When does the car go in production(2006 june?) Please get back to me, so we can get into the details.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 06:11 AM

Evo Ix

Originally Posted by mpower_m3
Im very interested. I would love a group buy as it will give us more chance to get what we want in a more comfortable way. When does the car go in production(2006 june?) Please get back to me, so we can get into the details.

Hi there.

Ummm ... you do know we are talking about the EVO IX right? If you are then I have some news for you. The EVO IX HAS BEEN produced. Japan has them right now. We are not waiting for production ... we are waiting for arrivals here in Australia.

There are likely to be here in late September 2005.

If you are in a position to buy in a few months time please let me know.The price will be around $60,000 plus on road howver we are hoping for better than this.

Cheers

RR
Old Aug 3, 2005, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by robertr
Hi there.

Ummm ... you do know we are talking about the EVO IX right? If you are then I have some news for you. The EVO IX HAS BEEN produced. Japan has them right now. We are not waiting for production ... we are waiting for arrivals here in Australia.

There are likely to be here in late September 2005.

If you are in a position to buy in a few months time please let me know.The price will be around $60,000 plus on road howver we are hoping for better than this.

Cheers

RR
Yes, evo 9 is what i am on about as well. I know it has been produced. It's been a while but i was wondering when it was going to enter production here(aus). But you say that we are waiting for the arrivals. I heard it was mid 2006. Have you actually called up mitsubishi-motors and asked when it lands? 60 thousand was the price i was wishing to see but i was going to actually buy it mid-next year. How long will they be in production for here and have you actually contacted mitsubishi for the arrivals? Please let me know. It's urgent. Thanks...
Old Aug 3, 2005, 03:22 PM

Toa

Yes, evo 9 is what i am on about as well. I know it has been produced. It's been a while but i was wondering when it was going to enter production here(aus). But you say that we are waiting for the arrivals. I heard it was mid 2006. Have you actually called up mitsubishi-motors and asked when it lands? 60 thousand was the price i was wishing to see but i was going to actually buy it mid-next year. How long will they be in production for here and have you actually contacted mitsubishi for the arrivals? Please let me know. It's urgent. Thanks...

The Time of Arrival is between late september and November this year. Mitsu Australia are not releasing ANY info however I was speaking to some Raliart guy and he was pointing to the date of late September. Dealers will have info regarding the release in 3 weeks time. Arrival is soon in anycase. Not next year.

Cheers

RR
Old Aug 3, 2005, 05:16 PM

Excuse my ignorance, but what benefits would you guys get buying $60K cars in a group buy?
Old Aug 3, 2005, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by tommi6
Excuse my ignorance, but what benefits would you guys get buying $60K cars in a group buy?
To be honest, if i hear anything about mitsubishi that the car will be in production for like 2-3 years. I won't even do a group buy. Rumours are that it will only be in production for 1 year, which is nonsense. I'm going to find out very soon how long the car will be in production. I'll get back to you, shortly.
Old Aug 3, 2005, 11:40 PM

I just spoke to one of my buddies from Mitsubishi-motors in nunawading/melbourne. Evo 8 is still in sale. He said " im guessing the evo 9 will be released towards november 2005 or christmas. Coming to the price, evo 8's are $60,000 on the road at the moment. Evo 9's will be on sale around $70,000(on the road). he's guessing the evo 9 will be in production for about 1 year or maybe 1.5. He's going to get back to me when the evo 9's get released here or when he gets more info on it. I won't buy it till the end of next year. 70,000 is not cheap by the way. Gotta speak to parents about that one. Ohh by the way, no need for group buy + My wallet is screaming out for another 10 grand.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 06:26 AM

What i meant was, normally forums do bulk group buys to save on the cost per unit, will you guys be getting a discount on each evo bought?

Yes the evo 8 is still for sale in Australia, but are there any left for sale? I thought they were all sold already. If the evo 9 is $70K then that is a bad mistake by Mitsubishi.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 06:31 AM

I just spoke to one of my buddies from Mitsubishi-motors in nunawading/melbourne. Evo 8 is still in sale. He said " im guessing the evo 9 will be released towards november 2005 or christmas. Coming to the price, evo 8's are $60,000 on the road at the moment. Evo 9's will be on sale around $70,000(on the road). he's guessing the evo 9 will be in production for about 1 year or maybe 1.5. He's going to get back to me when the evo 9's get released here or when he gets more info on it. I won't buy it till the end of next year. 70,000 is not cheap by the way. Gotta speak to parents about that one. Ohh by the way, no need for group buy + My wallet is screaming out for another 10 grand.

With all due respect, don't go to war on account of what your mate tells you. Your mate doesn't know much in other words.

RE PRICE: The price of the IX will be at the same price of the VIII and to show you how close the release is, dealers are having a track day very soon in preparation for the release. Soon = within 30 days!!!

I will be stuffed if I'm not going to that ... where ever in NSW or SA it is being held.

Anyhow we now have 3 in the group buy and to answer the other poster, the benefits are to try and get a better price. No dealer in his right mind will want to risk losing this business to another dealer. Basicall we are going in with a MUCH MORE professional approach and the dealer then does not hold ALL the cards. If I/we can organise 5 buyers I guarantee no one will beat the price we get for many many months.

This is just the best way to approach the dealers and make them work for our business.

That's the plan and the dooms dayers will be only be those that cannot afford one or have some other excuse why not to buy. I wont be phased by them all the same.

So, those that are keen please let me know and I will introduce you to the others.

Cheers

RR

Last edited by robertr; Aug 4, 2005 at 06:34 AM.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 06:13 PM

It sounds like a good idea, however if the evo 8 sales are anything to go by, I dont think any dealer would really need to lower the price to offload a new evo.....i'm assuming they will be released in very limited volumes again?
Old Aug 4, 2005, 06:38 PM

News from Mitsubishi Australia is that EVO IX will not be sold in limited numbers like the VIII. All can call Mitsu direct and ask. 1300 13 00 99.

Again, this group buy works when we have a fair volume to go to the dealers with. If you want to buy 1 or 2 then tommi6 you are right, it will not work. With larger numbers, 4 or more, the dealer will not want to miss out on the possible sale so he WILL do a deal.

If he does not want to do a deal, we just go to the next dealer. As I stated previously, EVO IX will NOT be given to "just a few" dealers. Mitsubishi have learnt that mistake the hard way. Subaru are KILLING them in volume of sales so EVO IX marketing needs a different approach.

What is that "new" approach? Give it to ALL dealers and sell them in bunches like bananas.

Just watch and see.

Tommi6 are you looking to buy when the IX comes out?

Last edited by robertr; Aug 5, 2005 at 10:37 AM.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 10:47 AM

BTW, read this ...
http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/porta...opDefault.aspx

Quick Reply: Australian EVO IX Group Buy