Notices

Australian ralliart owners

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2010, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you do not mod your car or at least never take it into the dealership when it is not completely stock then you should not have a problem with them replacing the transmission if it breaks. The transmissions seem to be fine under normal circumstances though, so if you do not plan on going near or over 300 torque you would probably be fine (assuming you are not out launching it or otherwise driving it hard a lot).

I think the current warrant for Ralliarts is 5 yrs/60,000 miles powertrain. =)

-Taranis
Old Mar 6, 2010, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by will2k
Thanks for the reply!

I noticed a dealership nearby has 2 demonstrators for $36,990 drive away with only 9km on them apparently. They are the sportback though and i only want the sedan if i decide to go for one but worth checking out. They are actually part of suttons so hoping to get a good trade in on the commodore.

Im in no hurry so i have plenty of time as my current car has no problems.

Sucks to hear about the transmission though, have others had problems with it already?
Dont they have 10yr powertrain warranty? I'd kick their *** if something happened and they didnt want to cover it under warranty lol I wont be launching the car and driving like an idiot either.

I miss my R33 Skyline GTS-T, the sv6 is too boring to drive but i think the lancer seems like it would be fun. My girlfriend hates manuals but i think the lancer might have the most fun semi auto gearbox you can get.
Originally Posted by Taranis
If you do not mod your car or at least never take it into the dealership when it is not completely stock then you should not have a problem with them replacing the transmission if it breaks. The transmissions seem to be fine under normal circumstances though, so if you do not plan on going near or over 300 torque you would probably be fine (assuming you are not out launching it or otherwise driving it hard a lot).

I think the current warrant for Ralliarts is 5 yrs/60,000 miles powertrain. =)

-Taranis
I would get a RA over a bomadore anyday. The SV6 is far too underpowered for its weight. Even if you go to Suttons Mitsubishi (Which I'm assuming you're talking about) with your SV6, don't expect too good a trade in. Holdens (and Fords) don't hold much value.

$36990 for a ex demo isn't too bad. A mate of mine got a demo with 1000kms for $39000 the other day. It depends how spec'd they are. His doesn't really have any options apart from the paint. I would definately recommend getting the Fosgate sound option.

Yes in Aus the driveline has a 10yr 100,000km warranty. The only catch is that after 5yrs it's an aftermarket warranty through MMA. I've had my experience with aftermarket warranties before and don't trust the paper they're written on. I'll just stick to the main 5yr warranty (which is still bloody good) and then save cash for any potential drama's they weezel their way out of.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 03:30 PM

Sweet...take some pics. I don't think we have a red sportback in the Rally Red thread yet
Hey guys, havent logged on for a while.. But i'll def get some pics taken and load it up onto this thread. The weather isn't helping though... i've wanted to wash my car for 2 wks straight but the rain up here in "SUNNY" ole Brisbane hasn't stopped.

Mods so far: Just a HKS filter. Looking at possibly getting an ecu reflash with chiptorque and tune..

Im going to have a look at them and test drive one tomorrow.
Just wondering how much you guys paid and where did you get your mods from? I would definately do a cold air intake and possibly an exhaust but that's probably it.

Any problems with the car etc?

Pros: Stylish, Great daily drive, great engine, great shifting (although i did find it a lil slower han the DSG in the Golf GTI's)

Cons: Heavy, chews the fuel if you have a heavy foot.

Price: $36,990 is a great price given it's only got 9ks. I got mine for $39,000 with only 8ks on the clock in Rally Red back (hatch) in November last year and that was the best deal i could get in Brisbane.

PS I'm looking to get a cat back exhaust also and was wondering if anyone in Bris/Syd has either the UR exhaust or the AMS exhaust? IF so, did you import it? or did yout get it locally? Any how much?

Thanks guys!!!

Lets keep this thread going! Thumbs up for RALLIARTS in OZ...
Old Mar 8, 2010, 11:37 PM

Hands Up. another Aussie RA owner here in sunny NQ. I got my oct09 blue sedan about 3 months ago and love it. Just some info I have i have contacted COBB tuning about getting the access port for the AUS model and they dont do it I would be interested in finding out if there is a similar product for the AUS model.

I have just put some ralliart scuff pads on which look pretty sweet, I'll have those pics up in show'n'shine soon. (after a wash)

Old Mar 9, 2010, 01:44 AM
Evolving Member

L4NC3R - I'm working on getting support for the AUS RA in Evoscan. ECUFlash works, but you need the AUS xml file - if you want it, let me know. You can then use the free GST tunes (provided you have not modded anything). Have you checked out clubcj.net? It's more Straain focussed, with regular meets and cruises and local group buys.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 02:42 AM

Awsome more Aussie RA owners!
Old Mar 9, 2010, 02:43 AM

MRT do good mods on our cars complete upgrade kits they are expensive but good
Old Mar 13, 2010, 06:11 AM

Yep, another Aussie RA owner here. Over 15 months of ownership and no probs as it is stock. Would love a decent exhaust system and a tune, but there isn't much around up here. Have to go to a bigger city to get what I want.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:02 PM

Does anyone in Australia want to share there purchase prices drive away? They are asking $48000 drive away in Adelaide

What do you guys think our resale value be like?

Anyone gone for a trade in or sold a raliiart yet?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:22 AM

Hey they were asking $48000 in Townsville too, but I talked him down to $42000, with 40k's on the clock
Old Mar 16, 2010, 03:08 AM
Evolved Member

48k driveaway ? what options did you get?

got mine for 40k on the road..
Old Mar 17, 2010, 04:25 AM

got mine 0 k's on the clock $38,000 drive away.

Had to do a big speal about there being a Global Financial Crisis and stuff lol should have filmed it.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 01:21 PM

new car

hi guys, i am a proud owner of a new 09 ralliart and its a red sedan.
i live in brisbane and bought it from nundah mitsu.
i have had it dyno tested and the tester said that the factory settings were as good as u can get for performance but i asked him about adding a better exhaust and a better air filter.
he said u may gain power or u may lose power, he didnt know, do u guys know?
i am taking it for a run at queensland raceways at amberley on sat. 10/04 so we will see how it drives on a race circuit.
if u have any ideas on the exhaust please post it.
nice to meet u,
BB.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 02:27 PM

Hey BB welcome!
I Agree and Disagree with your statement. You can make more power with a tune no doubt about it. Have Mitsubishi got the balance of power for the sst trans perfect yes. I wouldnt touch your car mate. You have a 10 year warranty to enjoy!

As for an exhaust there are some awsome cat back systems out there You can order one from the states for about $1200 delivered or get one made in Australia for about $800.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:11 PM

me too

yep, i just bought one, its great.

heh, new to the boards, disregard this previous sentence.

hi marco, thanks for the reply, yeah, i think atm i will just enjoy it persuant to further research.
WHAT A CAR!!!

Last edited by blackbeard; Mar 17, 2010 at 11:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Australian ralliart owners