Notices

Car Audio Q's.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2004 | 05:03 AM

Yeh Audioline amps are tops in terms of bang for your buck both my mum and my brother have them in their cars and the doin the job just fine. Ideally it would be good to run your speakers off the amps and power your subs off a second 2ch amp but iff you cant afford it the n run your front speakers and your sub off the 4ch amp. Like i said rear speakers are more or less surround speakers but then again it comes down to what type of listener you are and whether u prefer listening to your rear speakers more than the rest of your system

Last edited by Kebin; Mar 29, 2004 at 05:05 AM.
Old Mar 29, 2004 | 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Well yeah, at the moment I'm kinda broke... so I am going to buy 6x9's for the rear to provide some bass. Cant afford a sub or new front 6's so I'm going to stick with the stock standard front speakers for now, they seem to be running alright at the moment - Directly off the head unit.

I mean, my ears hurt before they distort too much.

So I'm going to get an Amp Installation Wiring Package (Wise Idea or Not? if not can anyone tell me what kind of wires I need? Gauge etc?) and chuck the Amp in myself. Screwed to a bit of MDF running along the back of my Boot.

Everyone's saying I need a beefy *** fuse or something, What are they talking about. Also, noise reduction if I get any noise, how do I do that?
Old Mar 30, 2004 | 01:25 AM

Yes an amp installation kit would be a good idea the best value deal i have seen is a 4channel amp installation kit from repco and it costs $50 which is cheaper than if u were to buy each thing seperately and the quailty of the cables is decent and yes it comes with a "beefy *** fuse" a gold 30 amp if i remember right.
Try mounting the amp under your drivers seat, it will mean less cable to run and reduce the risk of noise interference but in reality if your amp is wired and installed correctly there really shouldnt be any interfernce as there isnt really much in your lancer that will interfer with your setup. Also run your power cable seperate from the rest of the amp cables i.e. speakers cables/ rca's one one side of the car and the power cable on the opposite side of the car.
Hope that helps.
Old Mar 30, 2004 | 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, so if I go for the Boot install, which I probably will cus the amp looks pretty decent and I'll want to see it (Yeah, so I'm vain)..... I take it I'll need to run power cables directly from the battery or the fuse box? Or would be be ok to tap into something else near the rear of the car? And where would I run the wires? in the carpet walls just under the doors? or along the floor? or what?
Old Apr 1, 2004 | 04:17 AM

The power cable is run straight from the battery.
All the cable are run along the floor and tucked under the carpet usually closet to the door sills (easier)
When you buy the amp install kit it will have instruction on how to wire up your amp.
Old Apr 1, 2004 | 11:28 PM
Evolving Member

Mad, thanks a lot.
Old Apr 7, 2004 | 06:21 AM

I have a 4 ch boss 1000watt amp with 2 ch bridge into a 600 watt pioneer 10" sub and it goes hard. It is a real good amp for the price but ive just baught 2 x lightning audio 12 " 1500 watt subs and they will kill my boss amp so im getting either a lightning audio amp or a new rockford amp when they come out and leaving the boss for speakers.
The good thing about value for money with the boss amp is the built in cross overs. So the amp is fine as long as you dont run anything to heavy on it cause it cant take a big load
Old May 27, 2004 | 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Alright, my stuff is in.... Now I have

JVC CD Reciever with 2 RCA outputs
Stock Front Speakers running off the Head Unit
Audioline 4x200W Rms Amp
Audioline 7x10" Rear Speakers
V-Net 600W 10" Sub, bridged over 2 Amp Channels.

She goes alright, very good quality.

Still havent cut holes for my 7x10's yet though, waiting for the verdict in my other topic "Roadworthy?"
Old May 28, 2004 | 12:57 AM

If you are going for sound quality, nothing beats an Eclipse head unit.

They can be fairly hard to track down, as Fujitsu Ten (The manufacturer) has fairly high and strict standards on who can sell/install/and support their product.

I know of one place in Adelaide that sells them (which is where I picked mine up from for my lancer), Tonkins, in the city. I am sure there would be more in Adelaide, but I went there after looking at Pioneer stuff at Strathfield (a minute walk away ).

Eclipse can be fairly pricey, but, if you really want the best sound quality, there is honestly no other choice.

Sorry if I sound like an advertisement.. but ever since I got my Eclipse head unit installed, I have been extremely happy with it.. it sounds so much better than my mates alpine system in his r32 :I I love my Eclipse

http://www.eclipse-web.com/

They dont look as flashy as the Alpines.. but, you buy a head unit for the sound quality dont you?
Old Jun 2, 2004 | 05:12 AM

Just got my new stereo installed. 3 days to make fibreglass boot. Looks Real Nice. Got my 2 x 12" 1500 W Lightning Audio Subs running off a Lightning Audio 800WRMS amp. Bloody loud. 130DB+. The Setup looks real good. Ill take some pics in the next few days and post em up here for you guys to see and you can tell me what you think.
Old Jul 3, 2004 | 09:23 PM

Ok Here is a pic of the Fibreglass box in contruction and the finished project
Attached Thumbnails Car Audio Q's.-web-box-under-construction.jpg   Car Audio Q's.-web-new-boot.jpg  
Old Jul 4, 2004 | 02:55 AM

That looks very nice.