Notices

4G15 Swap from Carby to Fuel Injected

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2004, 02:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4G15 Swap from Carby to Fuel Injected

ok dudes basically my carb has had it, if i load the battery the car shakes like a tank, so i decided to change the carb over and i was quoted $1000 PPFFFT **** THAT!! lol... i went to da wreckers and found i can get the manifold and the throttle and the loom from a fuel injected car like $600 (WHAT A BARGAIN!). so basically im just wondering if theres anything i should know b4 i undertake this assignment... if any1z done it b4 please feel free to give some advice...
Old May 10, 2004, 06:05 AM
Evolving Member

hey, im in the same boat mate, i was thinking of doing the swap, and did a bit of homework, umm so far i found out that you have to basically install a fuel pump into your old tank, and that requires you to cut out a hole in your tank i think, which mite be a tad dangerous incase something sparks (even with the thing drained).
And then come the electrics im guessing a computer will have to be wired up, then the fuel injectors and a different air delivery/ filtering system.

Not a small job, but im sure its worth it!!!
Old May 10, 2004, 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

yeah but shouldnt it all be plug in and ****...
im gana buy the handel manual and see what the differnce is
Old May 10, 2004, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Theres a few little things, but as Ralliart said, most will by plug in, and make sure you get all the wiring loom, EGO Sensor for the exhaust and a the airflow meter.. it shouldt be too hard, i had everything lined up off a Protron Satria, but the car got stolen before i could get it down to Bunbury..
Old May 11, 2004, 01:38 AM
Evolving Member

rexhunta as always u hit the nail right on the head, thats alot mate... btw theres a magazine goin around with a evo III race car with a 4g63 goin 500+kw!!!! check it out
Old May 11, 2004, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliArt1994
rexhunta as always u hit the nail right on the head, thats alot mate... btw theres a magazine goin around with a evo III race car with a 4g63 goin 500+kw!!!! check it out

Yeah, its Black, from New Zealand, and its running a 9.2 1/4 mile at about 150mph.

Its in this months Fast Fours, has RIP U UP on the plate, and altezzas..