Notices

Boost Gauge for Evo VIII?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2004, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost Gauge for Evo VIII?

Hey ya guys,

Was wondering if anyone can help out at all. As far as I know the Dash Lights in the EVO VIII are all red with black faces. I am having a bit of trouble trying to find a Mechanical 60mm Boost gauge for the car.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

SO far I have found that Defi make the D-Gauge, which is black face with Orange illumination. This is great BUT only sold in the USA - grrrrr

Cheers

THX1138
Old Jun 11, 2004, 01:35 PM

We can get the defi gauges in perth as well.....the boost gauges will be around $300 but u need the controller which cost u around $150.

R u from Perth? Maybe u can try to ask some performance shop but dun get ripped off. :P
Old Jun 14, 2004, 04:52 AM
Evolving Member

Cheers,

Unfortunaltey you are talking about the Defi-Link system. These are full electronic guages and need the controllers.

the D-gauge is a Mech gauge with is a stand alone unit and according to Defi, can only be solf inb the USA...

If you do know somewhere that can have a mech gauge with the above description please point me in their direction.

I have tried heaps of the shops here in Perh, but no luck so far

Cheers buddy
Old Jun 14, 2004, 09:13 AM

Oh...yea..u did mentioned about the mechanical gauges....i owes think of the electronics one.haha...why dun u get the electronics then? It's newer anyway.... And yea, accroding to u, it's for ur evo 8? Hm,when is the evo8 coming into perth? Can't believe u got ur name on it....tat's wonderful...... i'll try to ask around and let u know if i can get the mechanical one.
I guess u would be able to import the gauges from japan......hm.........anyway,i would try to ask n let u know. Cheers!
Old Jun 14, 2004, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by THX1138
Cheers,

Unfortunaltey you are talking about the Defi-Link system. These are full electronic guages and need the controllers.

the D-gauge is a Mech gauge with is a stand alone unit and according to Defi, can only be solf inb the USA...

If you do know somewhere that can have a mech gauge with the above description please point me in their direction.

I have tried heaps of the shops here in Perh, but no luck so far

Cheers buddy
My housemate is in the same predicament as you in finding the D-gauge Defi Boost Gauge. ATM he's actually turning for the Pivot, cause he hasn't been so succesful..

If you get in contact with any of EvoM's American Distrubitors, I'm sure they can help you out in finding what you, and would send it over for you. If you want to know where to find the guys, head to http://corp.evolutionm.net/advertisers.php and being and EvoM member, they should be able to sort you out.

If you have any hassles after that, i can get in contact with a few other people who maybe able to help you out.

Pete.
Old Jun 16, 2004, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Lancershop.com ( one of our American sponsers to EvoM) have the Defi range, and pretty good prices.. all you need to do is head to www.xe.com for the currency convertor..

Heres the Defi List they carry here... http://lancershop.com/defi_gauges.htm they have all the range... and they can also sell you the genuine gaige pod for a Evo 8 ( not sure if they are rh or lh side though.. sorry, all you need to do is send an email )

Pete.
Old Jun 26, 2004, 06:05 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the info, I have emailed Lancershop aking about sending over here.

If they do I am open to others getting a D-Gauge as well to cut shipping costs as much as possible.

I'll keep posted

TXH1138
Old Jun 28, 2004, 02:14 AM
Evolving Member

The Lancershop can post to Perth, Aus. But they said there is a 3-4 month back-order on the D-Gauge from Defi.

Anyone else keen on one of these?
http://www.defi-shop.com/product/dg/dg_top.html

THX1138
Old Jun 28, 2004, 02:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by THX1138
The Lancershop can post to Perth, Aus. But they said there is a 3-4 month back-order on the D-Gauge from Defi.

Anyone else keen on one of these?
http://www.defi-shop.com/product/dg/dg_top.html

THX1138
3-4 month back order. IS that at defi themselves??

Yeah definatly be interested!!
Old Jun 28, 2004, 02:57 AM
Evolving Member

The email from Lancershop :

We can ship to you no problem, the D-gauge is backorder for 3-4 months from Defi.

So that is what I know. If you can find someone else that stocks them please let me know

Cheers

THX1138
Old Jun 28, 2004, 02:59 AM
Evolved Member

I'll keep an ear out.. i'll see if anyone else has any for you

Pete.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 05:28 AM
Evolving Member

What everyones opinion on head up display's?THX? Do they work?? Was looking at the one defi has on its website.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

I'm gonna have a close look at my Evo 8's interior before I order anything.

I'm thinking that I may get the revised trim piece that Lancershop sells that allows you to mount three 52 or 60mm gauges where the stereo is, and of course buying the stereo relocation kit to move that down below to the vacant spot.

I'm not sure if I want the top-of-the-range Defis that have the 'stealth' mode, or the next step down with the sweet chrome bezels. Also unsure if 52mm or 60mm is the way to go.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

What everyones opinion on head up display's?THX? Do they work?? Was looking at the one defi has on its website.
I had a Defi Sports VSD on my WRX. They look awesome, really good fun. Really expensive though. Had a digital speedo, 1/4 mile time with count-down, clock, digi tacho, 3 x Trip computers, shift light and speed warning light. Pretty cool.

Although it was fun and was a real talking point I don't think I'll go down that path again.

I think most of the VSD from Defi are limited run or are slowing down production. You may be able to get one second hand cheaper.

THX1138
Old Jun 28, 2004, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

I'm not sure if I want the top-of-the-range Defis that have the 'stealth' mode, or the next step down with the sweet chrome bezels. Also unsure if 52mm or 60mm is the way to go.
yeah I agree. That is why the D-gauge is a good option. Doesn't require a control module, easy to install. The Bezel can be changed from Black to white.
52mm is plenty big enough. The 60mm are just that too big for me.

THX1138

Quick Reply: Boost Gauge for Evo VIII?