Notices

Saw 3 Real Evo8s - Dealer Day Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2004, 03:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw 3 Real Evo8s - Dealer Day Tomorrow

I was at Eastern Creek today watching the classic car racing. It finished around 4.30 or so and on my way out guess what was driving in ....... a trailer with 3 Evo8s on it, all SA registered, black x 2 and dark (not light) blue x 1 (plus a few Magnas).

So I just had to have a look, didn't I!

There was only the event organiser with the cars - no-one from Mitsu - and she did not really have any details but I can tell you this:

- the three had been driven for the last 10 days by the press
- all SA registered on 10 June
- one had black leather interior, beautiful, seat inserts had little holes, sides of the seats plain leather, I would be trying to get this - much nicer than the blue cloth inserts which bring back some memories of the cheapness of the 6.5 but in fairness the cloth inserts were still much nicer, leather looked really classy
- the one with leather had Ralliart accessories, rear strut brace plus other unknown suspension mods, aluminium gear knob and handbrake (both bit tacky), carbon bits on the inside - very nice, three dials underneath the ventilation controls - turbo boost plus two others - a bit cheap but interesting nevertheless
- steering wheel fantastic
- front seats a bit wider than 6.5
- interior generally much more classy than 6.5, feels like it's much better finished, in fact overall car feels like a much better product than 6.5 from finish perspective
- large rear seat room due to thin front seats, three lap/sash belts, adjustable headrests x 2, middle armrest with cupholder
- huge exhaust pipe and great sound from engine and pipes - sounds just fantastic from the outside - they wouldn't let me drive them though (no surprise)
- no info on power up kit
- tyres were Bridgestone Potenzas 235/45 - not Pirelli Zeros
- rear aerial on roof
- carbon fibre big wing at rear, both bonnet and boot very light, doors shut well
- dash, console in middle, from top to bottom - vents and hazard, radio/cd (looked like single), ventilation controls, storage for cds etc (dials in Ralliart car), six speakers
- all cars had data dots, no info on satellite tracking
- flared guards were you beaut, same with mesh on bonnet vent and radiator and intercooler.

I understand the dealers will have all the details for you on Tuesday morning. Good luck - it will have been worth the wait but if the wait were shorter then even better.

I'll be looking on here for another two hours. I'll try to answer your questions if I can, but remember, I couldn't speak to any Mitsu people.

Regards
Old Jun 20, 2004, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Great scoop there mate, thanks!
Old Jun 20, 2004, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

btw, where was your digital camera son?!!

Old Jun 20, 2004, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

GOOD POST Thanks buddy!!