Notices

A Current affair Roof rust complaints make it known

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2004, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Current affair Roof rust complaints make it known

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:10 am Post subject: A Current affair Roof rust complaints make it known

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just sent an email to ACA with the following

There is a large group of us Mitsubishi lancer owners that are having problems with Mitsubishi RE: rusted roofs due to a manufacturing process and panel sealant used in the making process Mitsubishi are aware of this problem but have been hiding behind the ten year warrantee on body and I have contacted them and had it looked at by a assessor and was told that as your lancer is over the ten year date we will not be able to cover under warrantee. Now rusted roofs and this is a major part of the structural part of the body that were out of date and their warrantee date. These were warranty issues. i still see the roof area as a area that is a major structure in the event of an accident and rust would effect this. the paint was not there and exposed during the manufacturing process and through the life of the vehicle. Therefore it had started to rust during the warranty period and there for Mitsubishi problem due to poor quality control and they already know this due to the previous recall. There are many of us as we have all met through Mitsubishi lancer forums and we keep getting the same run around and fob off by the dealerships.
I removed my roof ceiling garnish and the complete roof and the structural supports are all rusted and this Im not happy with the stance of Mitsubishi as they are aware of this problem. I urge you to please contact myself as I can show you how bad this problem is and how unsafe my vehicle is structurally.

I urge as many of you as possible to follow this link and either copy and paste it in the message body but change some of the content to fit your own situation and story and dealing with them.

the link can be found here
http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/storyidea/story_ideas.asp

come on everyone should be sending this in to make them stand up and accept responsibility for this very important issue to all of us.

The more of us that send in complaints they might actually listen to all of us but a few separate persons.

Im going to post this on as many forums that I possibly can so also encouarage other mitsubishi owners to do the same.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 12:03 AM
Evolving Member

No offence, but your email wasn't very clear... And I've heard of this issue before. For someone who hasn't, they're going to get confused easily.

From the sounds of it, you're complaining about a car that's over 10 years old??!! I don't think any current affair program is going to make an issue of any car company refusing to warrant a car after 10 years. In fact, second hand car dealers aren't required to warrant cars over 10 years! Am I misreading that? ("your lancer is over the ten year date we will not be able to cover under warrantee")

And what's a Mitsubishi RE? I had to read that several times before I realised it was meant to be "are having problems with Mitsubishi regarding rusted roofs"

Perhaps for anyone else lodging an email, it would be good to have someone else proof read it to make sure it was clear and concise before sending. I've been told by PR people if journalists reach the end of the first paragraph and it hasn't caught their attention, it goes straight to the bin.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 07:16 AM

My log books say the paint warranty is for 5 years?
Old Sep 23, 2004, 04:44 PM

body and stucture is ten years

and the point is that they are all rusting out before the ten year mark and if you dont think its in your lancer your mistaken remove the ceiling skin or the centre ceiling light from the roof and have a look at it your self.

just because it doesnt show on the exterior doesnt mean its not rusting away happily trying not to break through the surface in rust bubbles till its after the ten year mark and your screwed.

this was just trying to get some action on all those that think thrir lancer is fine and to check it and then send in a complaint so maybe more will get heard instead of dissmissed.

as for the typo's bite me I was in a rush and btw they have all ready contacted me moron they have logged it and will wait for other replies about the same subject when there is enough complaints they will then take it further and send somone out to speak to me in person
Old Sep 23, 2004, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Liberoz
as for the typo's bite me I was in a rush and btw they have all ready contacted me moron
The person who can't spell, can't form correct sentence structure and can't communicate effectively is calling me a moron... That's rich! Or were you in a rush this time too?

Anyway, I bet if I sent in a story about my little dog tripping over a crack in council land, they'd send me back a "We got your story, and we'd like to hear from other people with the same problem". I guess you've never worked with media before.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 08:19 PM

get over it sunder. he is just making a point, i understand him. maybe ur just dense and need to read things twice before understanding anything. who needs sentence structure in a post on a forum? he might have changed it in the email.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

I was over it as soon as I read the post.

Having dealt with mass media, press releases and journalists before, I was just being helpful suggesting that a clear, concise message is more likely to get through than a confusing one.

Of course, he came back with the insults, but then, that's the kind of person they want on ACA. People who get really worked up easily and can't get resolution to their problems due to their personality. Stories with high emotional content, basically - it works well for the human interest perspective.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 01:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by skipano
who needs sentence structure in a post on a forum?
Me.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 03:03 PM

The reason for the email is to get something done about it. Pajeros had a safty issue with the brakes and they were over 10 years old. The rust would have started prior to the ten year waranty. The problem is structural there for very much an issue in an accident. There should have been a notice put out prior to end of waranty to bring these vehicles in for inspection and repair, nothing was said. I worked at a mitsu dealership for 7 years and did not hear of the problem through recalls. This falt should have been a recall when first found. Mitsubishi was aware of the falt and nothing was done. There was one reason that my car isnt effected when i bought the car i personaly rust proofed it this included the roof and pillars. So i support Liberoz. And as for sunder no one has the perfect word forming skills as you do. And you should know it working in meida!

Last edited by evo4two; Sep 25, 2004 at 03:08 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone got a copy of the 10 year warranty? I want to see what Mitsubishi's liabilities are. The warranty is not covered by fair trading or trade practises act. It's a voluntary warranty, and therefore covered by the terms and conditions of the warranty. (It's interesting to note that if you're not the first owner of the car, quite often you have no warranty at all. What makes it more interesting, is that if you bought it from a second hand dealer, it's actually the dealer that's liable, not Mitsubishi - but anyway, will talk about that more when I get a copy of the contract)

Evo4Two. I'm not picking on his word skills in a forum - he can type any way he wants in a forum - but send a message like that to the media, and you'll get a nice "Thanks for your idea - don't call us, we'll call you" kind of letter back. But, I encourage him to keep writing like that so nobody takes him seriously.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 01:00 PM

and i my line of work if you said that to someone youwould either be told your sacked or have your block knocked off. i am an employer and you have just shown your people skills. with that attitude you wouldnt last ten seconds at the front counter. (lucky your a paper jock then)
Old Sep 26, 2004, 03:52 PM
Evolving Member

I'm an employer too. (I don't work in the paper industry, but because I'm a director, I have to work with press releases on behalf of my company) One of my employees corrects my grammar too!

But I can tell you if any of my employees sent out an email to a client with similar structure, I would have told them the same thing: Sharpen up your presentation and communication skills. If they had come back the same way, they would have been sacked on the spot as well. Of course, in a work context, my criticism would have come with an offer for a training course to improve their skills.

As for my people skills... Well, not a single employee has resigned from my organisation under my leadership yet. If you let your staff call you moron from constructive criticism, then I'm sure you let your employees walk all over you.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

Anyway, this has become a game of one-upsmanship. Shall agree to say that we place very different values on grammar and spelling due to the positions we hold and the industries we respectively work in, and that we've both had very different experiences with the press and what format they like their information feeds in?

If you're happy to leave it at that, then let's stop hijacking this thread and let it get back to it.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 07:56 AM

So has anyone been to a mitsubishi dealership to discuss the matter?
Old Oct 10, 2004, 03:32 AM
eze

what exactly is the rust issue??

ive got a 93 cc coupe and i can see a couple of small spider rust spots but nothing major ... I guess it could be rusting underneath but the rest of my paints in pretty good nick, any way to check?

Quick Reply: A Current affair Roof rust complaints make it known