Notices

9/11/11 SCCA #7 TMS Road Course

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2011, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That doesn't sound good. Please tell me you have Kevin working on it. Who did the tune for you?
Old Sep 12, 2011, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Oh yeah like a John Deere with cams lol
Old Sep 12, 2011, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Calvin up at Cobb did the tune. I don't think the tune is the problem at all. The car is at EvoD. Richard and I are goin to look at it and see what we can figure out. I just hope it doesn't need a complete build. I want to do the last 8 autox's the next 2 months. I guess if I do have to do a complete build I'll do my best to make it as bullet proof as possible. I need to look at the scca rule book. I don't want to be pushed into street mod.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justin81
Calvin up at Cobb did the tune. I don't think the tune is the problem at all. The car is at EvoD. Richard and I are goin to look at it and see what we can figure out. I just hope it doesn't need a complete build. I want to do the last 8 autox's the next 2 months. I guess if I do have to do a complete build I'll do my best to make it as bullet proof as possible. I need to look at the scca rule book. I don't want to be pushed into street mod.
If you change internals, that's where you will be.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ratt_finkel
Alright guys, so tell me what happened?

Jeremy Ault, we were pulling off the track after a run and I saw you coming down the start. Looked like you went off roading lol! Everything ok?
Yeah I went off-roading pretty hard during the first slalom. I guess I got on it too hard with cold tires and it snapped around on me and I ate dirt. I decided to call it quits and go home while I was ahead.

I don't like this course - there's not enough tarmac runoff for mistakes and I won't be taking my evo back there again.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justin81
Honestly, I would just rebuild it to OEM specs. The car can make plenty of power and should be plenty reliable enough for Stock, SP or SM specs.

You are allowed to use forged pistons in SP, as long as they are the exact same weight as stock. A small over bore is also allowed. As is port gasket-matching of the exhaust and intake ports not more than 1" into the ports. Blue printing but NOT lightening are the final mods allowed.

You really should think long and hard about where you want to take the car and what you want to do before building it to the hilt though. Call me anytime if you wanna talk further.

good luck!
Old Sep 12, 2011, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Someday
Yeah I went off-roading pretty hard during the first slalom. I guess I got on it too hard with cold tires and it snapped around on me and I ate dirt. I decided to call it quits and go home while I was ahead.

I don't like this course - there's not enough tarmac runoff for mistakes and I won't be taking my evo back there again.
Jeremy, don't feel bad. I've made the same mistakes before and at TMS. All I did was get some dirt in my teeth and bruised my ego. But it's a lesson you have to learn eventually. Sorry to hear about it either way.

You know Jon and I are always here for coaching if you want it. Don't give up though man!
Old Sep 12, 2011, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

I need coaching for sure. I want to learn.

I'll give you a shout later this week on the build. I need to sit down with the EvoD guys and make a plan. I could use your input since you are familiar with the classing. At the moment I'm not worried about making power. I had plenty of power the way the car was. I just want to get it running and work on the driver mod and get seat time and instruction as much as possible. At this point I'm not good enough to be competitive in any class. A built engine and huge turbo isn't going to help me in a slalom.

But The end result needs to be able to handle autox two times a month, HPDE when I have the money, and get me to work every day.

Sleeved is a must, maybe cams, good pistons,rods, valve springs, raise the rev limiter and maybe e85 if I can afford it. That's about all I xan think of for now.

Last edited by justin81; Sep 12, 2011 at 06:37 PM.