Notices

Texas Rallycross #4

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2012, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Texas Rallycross #4

Next event is in San Marcos at the Brianne Corn raceway on April 14th. I'm moving my schedule around to make it and hope to see some evos. It's a Subaru vs evo cup event so sign up and let score some points for mitsu red.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Go red!!!
Old Apr 2, 2012, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Good luck to you! But, this isn't a SvM event. I am still working with Texas Rallysport to try and get an event setup here in Dallas. We are working on getting the rumored Mineral Wells location going again. Anyway, we should have the shirts ready to go by then. You should definitely still represent the better manufacturer.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

There's quite a bit of big open unused fields north of Frisco towards Prosper.

Maybe if we just asked around we could snag ourselves 100 acres for a weekend.

:-)
Old Apr 3, 2012, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Someday
There's quite a bit of big open unused fields north of Frisco towards Prosper.

Maybe if we just asked around we could snag ourselves 100 acres for a weekend.

:-)

Try to find out who owns it and il pass the info on the rallysport and north TX rally.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

one more week. Will I be the only evo again? There was a guy in a white evo X there watching last time but we need more drivers.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

I think the problem is that many of the "racer" evos, myself included, are setup for tarmac with hard shocks and hard springs with low clearance and sometimes low lips or splitters and grippy wide tires with smooth tread patterns.

Everything opposite of what you want for a bumpy dirt course.

I would totally do this if I had a car setup for it. Maybe even a stock height car with some all-seasons. But I don't.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

The evo reings supreme over the drones of subarus. I got fist in rally 4 wheel drive and first over all. After the morning session I had the fastest single run time and was 23 secconds ahead of the closest competitor (rallycross times are cumulative). All I had to do in the afternoon was have fun and dodge cones.

Brianne Corn did tons of work on the track since the last race. No more mesquite, in fact the entire track was cleared and smoothed out. Stock cars will have no trouble on the track now so hopefully we can get some more eovs out there to show the subaru guys what's up.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Cool! Thanks for the update. Sounds like you destroyed it.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

I guess I should add that Brianne Corn debeaded a tire on her last run of the morning session which allowed me to pull a head. I'll take it however I can get it though.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

My brother and I are going to co-drive the next event since he is still on stock suspension. What tires would you suggest for this event. Should we run a 265 All Season for grip in the dirt??
Old Apr 15, 2012, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

The next race is at Texas World Speedway (TWS). It should be cool since the Lemons race will be there the same weekend and some of the cars will also be competing in the rallycross. TWS is grass that quickly gets rutted down to soft silty dirt. For this you really want rally tires but if you want to do it on the cheep snow tires like Blizzaks are the best.

At the Brianne Corn Raceway it's hard packed dirt, almost clay and gravel so you could get away with an all weather tires a little more but snows or rally tires would still be much much better. I would just look for some used Blizzacks or Winterforces and run higher pressure to keep from debeading the tire. If you were going to go with a dedicated set of wheels, get the smallest diameter that will fit over the brakes. The more tire sidewall the better.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Do you know what size wheels will clear the evoX brembos. I don't think anything under a 18" wheel will. What are you running?

What is the most affordable rally tire out right now
Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

I didn't realize we were talking about an X. Yes just 18s unless you change the front brakes. Rally tires mainly come in 14" and 15" with rare 16 inchers coming available occasionally.

So for the X it's a lot of work to get rally tires. I'd just run what you have or get some snows. If you end up getting into it you can get the AMS small brake kit and run 16" wheels. That's the smallest you can fit over the rear brembos. I know a guy who ran the AMS front brake kit and 16" team dynamics. He's since sold the car so I'm sure he'd give you a deal on them.

I'm running the AMS small front brakes and custom willwood rears that just barely clear my 15" Team Dynamics. You can find pics of my brakes, wheels and tire setup here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mo...oss-setup.html

Here is another shot of the front brakes. and one from the race yesterday. Evos look so mean with a little lift and on rally rubber. Please ignore my dislexic number job...why didn't anyone tell me....
Attached Thumbnails Texas Rallycross #4-3.jpg   Texas Rallycross #4-dsc01646.gif  

Last edited by Subi.convert; Apr 15, 2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the info man and congrats on the big win!!!

Quick Reply: Texas Rallycross #4