Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS GT35RL kit on JUN engine

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2005, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS GT35RL kit on JUN engine

Hi AMS people! I was going through your website and I am quite interested in getting your stage 4 turbokit. I am presently running on a JUN 2.2 complete engine with an HKS T51R turbo and im planning to get your turbo kit. my question is the compatibility of your turbo kit, the GT35RL on my JUN engine. Im running a Motec M48 ECU also. Pls do update me with the compatibility and your shipping terms going to the Philippines. Autoplus are my tuners here. Thanks and more power!
Old Aug 19, 2005, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

you are officially a GOD.........::n my knees:::.........I will worship you now.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 01:07 AM
Evolving Member

By the way, i also still plan to use my present apexi intercooler, sop basically, im after your turbokit witht he GT35R. Here are my present mods

JUN 2.2L race engine
JUN pistons
JUN racing valve springs
JUN 272deg intake/exhaust high lift camshafts
JUN chromemoly connecting rods
JUN stroker crankshaft
JUN titanium valve spring retainers
Phoenix Power Intake Plenum
80mm Throttle Body
HKS adjustable cam gears
RC Engineering 1600cc injectors
Bosch dual fuel pumps
Motec M400 with data logging and advanced lambda control ems
APEXi GT Hybrid Intercooler
HKS T51R KAI Ball Bearing turbo
HKS blow off valve
Greddy racing wastegate
Gforce tubular stainless steel exhaust manifold
ARC oil cooler
JUN lightened flywheel
HKS manual boost controller
Custom individual ignition coils
NGK spark plugs
Veilside Teardrop titanium exhaust

Pls update me what would be changed once we would get the turbokit. Pls also include your rates + shipping to the Philippines.

Last edited by philippine_evos; Aug 20, 2005 at 06:36 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 05:49 AM
Evolving Member

Are you trying to compare your present numbers to what you will get?

A lot better spool and aboiut 100 less whp
Old Aug 20, 2005, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

No, I am thinking of going for more power. I had been reading about the GT35RL or GT42R kit and it seems to be very attractive especially the price.

Last edited by philippine_evos; Aug 20, 2005 at 06:16 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your not going to make anymore than your 715whp now. Better spool, YES, more power, NO. A GT42R you could make some more, but I without looking at a T51's map, I don't know how much more.

How much boost are you running currently? If it's under 40lbs I would turn it up before swapping to a different turbo.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
Your not going to make anymore than your 715whp now. Better spool, YES, more power, NO. A GT42R you could make some more, but I without looking at a T51's map, I don't know how much more.

How much boost are you running currently? If it's under 40lbs I would turn it up before swapping to a different turbo.
I now have 738whp. I'll just wait for the recommendations of AMS on this. If not on mine, we may use it on another Evo 5 project we are building using a Tomei Derive 2.2L 4G63T. I like the spool of the AMS kit. We are now running at 2.5bar. To be honest, this racing team is offering to buy my T51R for a very irresistable price.

AMS people: We will give you a call from Manila soon.

Jason: Incase you may be reading this, are you joining the funrun next weekend?

Last edited by philippine_evos; Aug 20, 2005 at 07:09 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 08:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
if you are making that much now the only turbo that is going to accomidate you farther in our line up is going to be a GT42R. The kit is not released yet but I can tell you its shoehorned in there pretty tight. I will have martin pop in here soon to give you some more info on it.

Eric
Old Aug 20, 2005, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
if you are making that much now the only turbo that is going to accomidate you farther in our line up is going to be a GT42R. The kit is not released yet but I can tell you its shoehorned in there pretty tight. I will have martin pop in here soon to give you some more info on it.

Eric
Thanks Eric! Will you give us good discounts if we purchase both a GT35R and the GT42R kits? Pls tell Martin to give me more info on the GT42R kit, together with the price and shipping. We are planning to install a GT35R kit on an Evo 5 that will be using a Tomei 2.2L engine. The GT42 will go to my car. We will give you a call from Manila to confirm the orders. My car may be the first one here to use an AMS kit if ever. I am gunning for 850whp and it seems possible with your turbo kit.

Last edited by philippine_evos; Aug 20, 2005 at 09:11 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

hope to see your car when i come home december bro...
Old Aug 20, 2005, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Please post more pics of your car!
Old Aug 21, 2005, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

yo roms! yeah im joining this weekend... subic or brc? damn you're getting an AMS GT42R kit? Arent you contented with 740 ponnies!?!?!?! oh by the way, i saw a black r33 gtr and i wonder if that was yours... kitt told me you got a gtr... so is it gonna ne the evo or the gtr as your main car? ill see you this weekend ayt! and ill beat u on the circuit hahahaha...
Old Aug 23, 2005, 05:12 AM
Evolving Member

No its not mine. I got a white R33 GTR which had been converted to lhd! Did you watch the past PDRF race? ERL and Autoplus made another 9s run with an Evo 4, no nitrous. Alwin got a vid. Text him nalang so he can send u a copy. I think it was a 9.9 something like that. Speaking of the GT42R, Im waiting for word once it is released. Im changing intercoolers to an HKS GT spec for the new kit once it is in. For now, Ill enjoy the GTR first... damn the chicks!!!

AMS: Do you have kits also for a GTR? How about a twin GT35R?
Old Aug 23, 2005, 05:50 AM

Hey guys hows Philippines. Im Erwin just wondering how did you guys purchase evo mr in the Phil. I emailed mitsu Phil. and one of their managers said that its not available there. Any input on where I can purchase this thing in the Philippines and also the manager quoted me 3,200,000 pesos for RS model that is almost $52,000 here . Mr models only cost around $36,000 here. Any help would be appreciated guys, price and model if you can, used or brand new.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 03:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
we dont offer anything for the GTR but if you send us a car we can accomidate if you think we can make power on an EVO give is a GTR and I bet we can make you drool.

As far as the kits go I am sure I could get you a decent price. the problem now is that we dont have a price for our GT42R kit as its only on one car ...... ours! but we want to start some kind of a small run. Ill talk to martin for you and we will try and work up a vague price for you. BTW that is a NASTY car...keep it up.

Eric

Quick Reply: AMS GT35RL kit on JUN engine