Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

How Low Can AMS Go?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2005, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will reply to the title of this thread-

Hmmm I'm thinking they could hit anywhere close to 9.1-9.0 on their current setup of just boost and no nos...

lol
Old Nov 16, 2005, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

I am sorry to say, but let this be a lesson. Look at it from AMS standpoint, they sold you a turbo kit, you had someone else install it and it is damaged. How does AMS know that the installer didn't damage it or something? I don't know, for me, its always best to do everything with one person if possible. That way you only have one throat to choke as they say. It is a tough lesson to learn, but it is best way to do it. Sorry again about your troubles.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 08:13 AM
AMS
Former Sponsor

I'm very sorry this is ending this way. I have worked with the shop installing and I have tried everything in our power to make it work but for some reason it didn't. I'm going to put up video of the car running with this exact same turbo kit just to show it was not the turbo kit. There is nothing wrong with this turbo kit.

Why in the world would you not have called us in the first place when you said the kit was damaged when you recieved it. We could have dealt with UPS and got this fixed in the first place. When we recieved the kit back it was packaged very poorly and there where many things wrong with it. The intake pipe was complety hacked apart into pieces, which could have been one reason the car did not idle correctly, the wastegate top was damaged, and the compressor cover got smashed along with the header being chipped up during shipping back to us . UPS would not have covered this damage because the parts where not packaged correctly.

Also we have tried to contact you by phone 8 to 10 times this whole time and we have not heard back from you, neither have you replied to our PM's. We want to take care of this but we cannot even get ahold of you. We want to refund your money but we don't have your CC on file so that's why we are trying to get ahold of you. I suggest you call us and speak with Eric or myself so that we can get on common ground and figure this out.
Angel, I feel your frustration and I will try to work with you as best as possible.
We are closing this thread and to solve this situation please call us at the shop.

-Martin
Old Nov 16, 2005, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jev3gs
I don't know, for me, its always best to do everything with one person if possible. That way you only have one throat to choke as they say. It is a tough lesson to learn, but it is best way to do it. Sorry again about your troubles.

Absolutely...........AMS is 14 hours from me & I'm still tempted to drop my ride off for some much needed tlc.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

ams is a great company and they have a great reputation! posting this is going to get you nowhere... ams is #1 in my book!