Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

AMS Evo IX Stage 1-3 build up!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2005, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about TBE water inj. head studs, Etc, Etc. the car is totally stock right now.?
Old Dec 17, 2005, 01:26 PM

For $6500 they should just throw in a set of HKS Cams for you as well.
They still make a ton of money on labor.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 01:27 PM

w0w ur spending 6grand and still tuning with safc
Old Dec 17, 2005, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

First off, they told me no one makes cams for the 9. Second, I am planning on going with a aem ems in spring when I do the turbo upgrade. Sorry if it makes you jealous that I am dropping more money in mods than what your 9 year old eclipse is worth. Newbie!

Last edited by jamevo8; Dec 17, 2005 at 01:39 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

how much of a discount did they give you? i'm planning on doing the same this spring too just with different items.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

They gave me what i thought was a FAIR discount! mI am not trying to be frugal. This is a $32000 car stock. I do not want to be cheap on the mods. Or the install.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I come up with give or take some here and there about 4000 in parts. Some un needed etc. Sounds kina pricey. The prices I got are what most places sell at discounted prices etc.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Look having things done right, that is priceless. Look at some of the folks who do things themselves, they have 'issues' which could be large or small. Obviously, he wants a turn-key solution, using quality stuff, and from folks who stand behind their work.

Heck, I had a friend drive me car to Chicago from Charlotte, NC, to get a tune. Do you consider that extreme?
Old Dec 17, 2005, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Bottom line you pay for what you get! I am not worried about paying a couple hundred more in parts than buying from a (wholesale internet co. that does not have any overhead ) besides I am paying for R&D that costs companys like AMS more than you thing so at the end of the day, I am paying a bit more however I can sleep at night knowing I got the best guys in the biz. working on my car, and the quality of customer service, you can not put a price on that!!!
Old Dec 17, 2005, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by jamevo8
By the way being in the customer service industry my self, I must say these guys were extremly profesional yesterday! You can tell they really go the extra mile for the customer!
for $6500 i'd go the extra mile...nothing like customers dropping that kinda change...i'm sure they'll take care of you...
Old Dec 17, 2005, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Its kinda hard to install what your getting wrong, so paying extra doesnt really reflect what kind of work is being done, now if you where doing a motor build, that would be a different story.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

i dont get how that equals 6500 with a huge discount with 1700 that in labor and tuning but

Congrats man on the IX and quality AMS parts
Old Dec 17, 2005, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Not trying to hate but wanted to say a couple thing....

1. I think you don't need to upgrade up IC until you have your bigger turbo, but you getting one so that justifies that.

2. AMS likes to use cone filters?? From everything I've read the stock intake is perfectly fine and probably better then any other intake.

3. I believe Al from DF said that the IX stock fuel pump is bigger then the VIII stock pump and that upgrading to the walbro on the IX isn't that much of an improvement.

Last, if I were you I'd wait a little bit for an EMS to come out, so you dont have to waste money on the MBC & S-AFC and the install/tuning.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

for all the parts that are being installed and dyno tuned 1700 is not out of line. sure you may be able to get some of the parts cheaper from other online sources but if something goes wrong will that e-tailer step up and lay their hands on the car to straighten it out. doubt it. AMS has alot of years tuning and are not a nonprofit organization. I have seen alot of their customers cars with cone filters and intakes, however every one I have seen has had ems or other tuning equiptment to run it properly and they also offer drop in filters for those who dont. I say go ahead and do it.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by jamevo8
First off, they told me no one makes cams for the 9. Second, I am planning on going with a aem ems in spring when I do the turbo upgrade. Sorry if it makes you jealous that I am dropping more money in mods than what your 9 year old eclipse is worth. Newbie!
Lmao how does that make me jealous.... If anything im happy for you but then you had to go dissing my dsm. Isnt is funny that I only have to spend half the money to way faster then you. I think its pretty retarded that ur spending 6k and still have a stock turbo You go spend that money rich boy...

Quick Reply: AMS Evo IX Stage 1-3 build up!