Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

Congradulations Dan 9.87 @ 147.7mph.

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2006, 12:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AutoMotoSports
I mean he ran without the catback on the car. looses a little bit of weight and with the power level that he is at a 3" is starting to get a little restrictive. 3.5" or 4" would be better but the problem there is that most of those systems have very little ground clearance. The best thing to do would be a nice big electric Cutout right after the downpipe. then you the quiet nature of a 3" and the power of an open exhaust.

Eric

wow have you done a before and after dyno? not sure if his numbers are a secret or not but im sure you could tell us how much he gains by unbolting the exhaust if you've done a before and after.

i have experience with the 2nd highest HP stock twin turbo supra, and he has a 3" exhaust and he lost TQ, and gained like only 2hp by running open DP. but that is on the STOCK TWIN's. he is making around 495 WHP and 5??TQ with the 3" and when he went open DP, it dropped the TQ below 500.

you would think with a 4 cylender 2.3 it wouldnt need any more than 3" but i guess when your running over 30psi that changes things...

im am really interested in getting some details or maybe a link to something that gives a good explaination about the difference between the GT37 and the GT35, and mainly interested in HIS experience with it.
Old May 1, 2006, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoRecordSetter

im am really interested in getting some details or maybe a link to something that gives a good explaination about the difference between the GT37 and the GT35, and mainly interested in HIS experience with it.
The GT37R is a custom turbo that done to *AMS specs*. I don't think that they are in any hurry to give out the information of the turbo since it was their idea. If you want to know the insides, go out and buy one =)
Old May 1, 2006, 08:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A stock twin Supra at 500 hp is a world apart from an AMS 37R car running at 700 plus AWHP.

based on the difference in MPH and ET I would say the gain is pretty significant. Maybe 20 hp plus. Also the loss in weight helps as well.

Again a 4" exhuast isnt necessary on a GT35R or lower turbo becuase you are not overworking it. but at this level and above its not a bad idea. the biggest drawback is stuffing a true 4" system under an EVO and having ample ground clearance.

Thats why a cutout isnt such a bad idea.

Eric
Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Dan, I just wanted to say congrats even though it is a little late. I have a very similar set up on my personal daily driver. Just wondering how much power you think you are currently putting down. It seems as though 148mph is way more than 710whp. Anyway congrats on the numbers.
Old Jun 1, 2006, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RnR Racing
Dan, I just wanted to say congrats even though it is a little late. I have a very similar set up on my personal daily driver. Just wondering how much power you think you are currently putting down. It seems as though 148mph is way more than 710whp. Anyway congrats on the numbers.
honestly, I'm not a big fan of dyno's, I'm more for track results. Some people look into dyno numbers way too much... if I could get the same safe results with a road tune, I would never strap the car on a dyno. I don't think 710 is far off though, car made around 640 before and trapped 139.