Notices
Automotosports - Illinois Automotosports is a Chicago based tuner specializing in 4G63T performance. With an in-house fabrication facility and engineers on staff, they will be bringing you the best in Lancer Evolution parts.

VSR Intake Manifold dyno graphs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2006, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so how bad does it mess ya up haha. There manifolds are so impressive
Old Jun 17, 2006, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

That was the worse drunk experience I have ever had. I had the equilvant to about 4 shots and instead of water I mixed it with a Rip-It Lime energy drink. I don't remember much of what happen, just that I woke up, puked and it felt like someone was grinding away at my stomache. No hang over though!

Will I do it again? Just the smell of it makes me want to vomit. Oh my friend got about 3 bottles of it. It's just about gone now. Sorry guys!
Old Jun 17, 2006, 08:49 PM

absinthe is good as hell. tastes like licorice. i drank alot of it when i went to israel. tight.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 08:50 PM

i didnt remember walking back to my hotel if thats an indication of it. it is almost like a syrup.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 06:26 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by otaking
That was the worse drunk experience I have ever had.
The bottle of Czech dreck pictured in the photo is a bogus product that is aimed toward duping unsuspecting tourists. That isn't absinthe. What that is amounts to industrial alcohol with a bit of aromatherapy oil, and some synthetic green dye, and a big profit margin for some unscrupulous Czech profiteers who've realized that putting green urine in a bottle and labeling it "absinthe" creates cashflow.

The Czechs don't know any more about absinthe than the Mongols know about merlot. How do I know these things? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Want REAL absinthe? You won't find it amongst the junk from the Czech Republic. Find it here: www.vintageabsinthe.com

Attached for your pleasure is a photo (taken in my lab) of something really interesting. This is one of my dozen or so bottles of unopened, 100 year-old vintage absinthe. Now there is something one doesn't see every day. Pardon me, I didn't have AMS' VSR manifold just yet, so I had to settle for a Varian GC/MS to put into the photo.
Attached Thumbnails VSR Intake Manifold dyno graphs-edgcsmall.jpg  
Old Jun 23, 2006, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That was the worse drunk experience I have ever had. I had the equilvant to about 4 shots and instead of water I mixed it with a Rip-It Lime energy drink.
Nothing like getting wasted with lots of energy.

I will stick with Licorice tasting Moonshine from my Grandfather in Greece.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, thanks Ted. I did some reading on it before my friend stoped over and I was saying the Czech stuff isn't worth buying. He kept saying no, no this is the better stuff. I guess I was right again. Well either way whatever in that bottle was pretty nasty.

I would love to try the real stuff someday.

Originally Posted by TedB
Pardon me, I didn't have AMS' VSR manifold just yet, so I had to settle for a Varian GC/MS to put into the photo.
I think that might actually be a better subject to take a photo of. Too bad it doesn't make a 4G63 faster
Old Jun 23, 2006, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

I heard absynth.com you can order and have it sent right to your house. Never tried it but I do know for sure you can posess just not distribute.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

You have to be off your rocker $209.00 for 1 liter.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 10:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Spaceball 1
You have to be off your rocker $209.00 for 1 liter.
Rule of thumb: Avoid Czech garbage.

If one wants a quality absinthe (e.g. nothing that's made in a Czech bathtub), he goes here: www.absintheonline.com. They ship to the U.S. everyday. 98% of quality absinthes are crafted in France and Switzerland, and ALL of them are distilled (not just made up by an idiot with oils and dye).

If you want to catch a glimpse of what Ted B. does with his time, go to this link:

http://www.g4tv.com/search.aspx

Enter "absinthe" in the search field, and watch a video entitled, "The Absinthe Chemist"

Old Jun 23, 2006, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

I got the intake! I finally said, I can live without the graphs and just went ahead and bought it. I love it! Here's a pic I took of it last night. Thanks guys!
so, are YOU going to post some dyno graphs?
Old Jun 24, 2006, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
The bottle of Czech dreck pictured in the photo is a bogus product that is aimed toward duping unsuspecting tourists. That isn't absinthe. What that is amounts to industrial alcohol with a bit of aromatherapy oil, and some synthetic green dye, and a big profit margin for some unscrupulous Czech profiteers who've realized that putting green urine in a bottle and labeling it "absinthe" creates cashflow.

The Czechs don't know any more about absinthe than the Mongols know about merlot. How do I know these things? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Want REAL absinthe? You won't find it amongst the junk from the Czech Republic. Find it here: www.vintageabsinthe.com

Attached for your pleasure is a photo (taken in my lab) of something really interesting. This is one of my dozen or so bottles of unopened, 100 year-old vintage absinthe. Now there is something one doesn't see every day. Pardon me, I didn't have AMS' VSR manifold just yet, so I had to settle for a Varian GC/MS to put into the photo.

So I take it you mass spec absinthe like those wine chemists do to wine these days? That pic takes me back to the days of organic compound synthesis and verification w/ the mass spec for a grade. Interesting time in my life, but I'm not a chem guy so I'm glad they are over.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Whats the big deal with this booze? Why is it almost illegal?
Old Jun 24, 2006, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eve-slow
Whats the big deal with this booze? Why is it almost illegal?
It has a hallucinogen (toxin) in it....wormwood I believe.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the best absyinthe I had was something like Verte de Feugerolles or something... it was bomb. Sorry for offtopic... I think it makes you a little stupid though similar to mushrooms or something.

Quick Reply: VSR Intake Manifold dyno graphs